Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Kaiba Seto Guild
Reference Thread (Information on things related to Yu-Gi-Oh) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaiba
Crew

Beloved Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:38 am
Okay, so this is the ending for the Yorkist side...

Henry Tudor: So you've finally come to face me, Duelist... I hope you're as good as they say. Because the better the duelist, the better my game!!!
[DUEL]
Tudor: I lose... Know you this! Although the Rose Cards are lost to me, I shall not falter from my cause!!! On the graves of my Celtic ancestors, I swear that I will one day rule over all of England!!!
Christian Rosencreuz: You now have all the Rose Cards. It is time to head for Stonehenge!

Christian: The ritual is complete!!! The power... The world... With the power of the cards behind us, all will be ours for the taking!!! The time has come to realize the dreams of my ancestors!!!
Manawyddan fab Llyr: ... Long have I waited for this day... You are the ones responsible for this!!! First, you dare to summon my sleeping brother from his eternal resting place in the sands of Egypt - using him duel after duel!!! And then you dare to seal him away again!!! Unforgivable!!!
Christian: It looks like I've failed again...
Llyr: Hold your tongue!!! There's no room for excuses!!! Nothing escapes my eyes!!! I demand justice!!! I shall feed on you and your kind... on every last one of you who exists on this miserable planet!!!
Christian: It's up to you, Duelist!!! This evil that's awakened can only be laid to rest by you! Only by defeating this vile creature will you be able to undo the summoning!!! At least that's what the legends say!!!
Llyr: Quiet, mortal!!! It is time to avenge my brother!!!
[DUEL]
Llyr: No... NO!!! THis is not justice... I... I cannot lose!!! IMPOSSIBLE!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...!!!
Christian: The summoning is undone... ... My family... Legend has it that my family was the only noble line to actually enter into a Pact of Glory with a Card Guardian. But sometime in the past, the pact was broken for reasons that are veiled in the mists of history. For generations, our family has searched the world in hopes of finding the same Card Guardian to revive the Pact and the glory that was once ours... Since the day I inherited the 'Book of M' at Dumkul, I've searched far and wide... Many are the Guardians I've awakened, only to return them to their resting place. To date, my search for the one true Guardian goes unrewarded... You can't imagine how excited I was when I'd come to England and learned of the 'Rose Duelist Legend'... Needless to say, the result was anticlimactic at best... ... I apologize for dragging you into all this. I will honor my promise of returning you to your own age. However, I fear that that is not enough to repay you for your help. Wait! Here! Take this back with you. {screen shot of him handing you the Rose Pendant} I will continue my quest to find the one true Guardian. Perhaps it is my destiny to fail. But my descendants shall carry on the search. Should you meet such a descendant of mine, show this Rose Pendant. From this day onward, my family is ever in your debt and will lend whatever support it is within theirpowers to provide. This I promise as an eternal pledge... a 'Pledge of Roses'.

In the days that followed, the mystic barrier maintained by the sorcery of the cards faded away, leaving England's shores vulnerable to invasion. In August of 1485, Yugi (Henry Tudor) successfully landed at Milford Haven. Defeating Richard 3 in the Battle of Bosworth, Yugi was crowned as King Henry VII. The Tudor reign was to continue on until Elizabeth I. As for Seto and the Rose Crusaders, they disappeared from England... ...never to be seen or heard from again. The only record of their existence remains in the form of an inscription carved on the back of the Rose Pendant... Man is born to die. But the Pledge of Roses is born to live throughout all eternity. It is a pladge recorded in mystic numbers: [game code]

Yu-Gi-Oh! THE DUELISTS OF THE ROSES
- The White Rose Chapter END

And this is the Lancastrian ending:

Henry Tudor: My thanks to you, [character name]. Without your help, this victory would not be ours. Earning the respect of Lord Crawford and enlisting his aid ensured the fall of Richard 3. I cannot thank you enough...
Pegasus Crawford: I owe you my thanks as well for I would have hated to be on the losing side.
Henry: Now all that's left of the enemy is that despicable Christian Rosencreuz! Lord Crawford, do you know where he might be?
Pegasus: Knowing Christian, my best guess would be Stonehenge.
Henry: I see... I hate to admit it, but I doubt that we have power enough to take out a duelist of his level. I must ask a favor of you once again... Face the evil one and end his threat once and for all!!!

Christian Rosencreuz: I didn't expect to see you here so soon. I knew Pegasus would turn on us, but I didn't expect the tide of battle to turn so soon... Actually, Crawford's betrayal and the fall of the Yorkists matter not to me... All I had hoped for from this tiresome struggle was to find an opponent worthy of my attention! When I knew you'd been summoned I chose to wait. Each time a member of my Rose Crusaders fell before you, I shivered in anticipation. Once you beat the last member, I knew you were ready to face me!!! Long have a starved to best a duelist equal in power to me... hungered to best such an opponent in battle! You wish to have my Rose Card? Then take it from me! Face me in battle, duelist!!!
[DUEL]
Chrisian: Well done, Duelist... I may have lost, but my heart sings with the joy of having faced you in battle... T'was a duel to be remembered. I take great pride in the fact that I fall by your hand... ... And if you believe that, I'll sell you some swampland in the outer reaches of the realm!!! I duel to be remembered indeed! At least, that part of it is true! For thanks to you, I have completed the ritual for the 'Great Summoning of the Roses'!!! Listen and learn the truth as to why I've let you survive to this day... The 'Rose Duelist' is an integral part to the 'Great Summoning'! For only by unleashing absolute power from a duel can the 'Great Summoning' succeed. There is only one reason why I came to England and sided with the Yorkists... I needed YOU!!! I knew that once the Lancastrians were cornered, they would turn to the High Druid and summon the only one who could wield power that is equal to mine!!! The ritual for the 'Great Summoning' is nothing less than a high-powered duel with the Rose Duelist! And the key to the ritual is having all the Rose Cards here at this hallowed site. In short, your victory is but a hollow one, child!!! Ahhh!!! The time has come to savor that which has eluded my clan for centuries!!! With the coming of the Card Guardian, I will seal a pact that will ensure my rule as well as those who will descend me throughout the future!!!
Manawyddan fab Llyr: ...
Christian: Yes!!! He is here!!! The guardian walks this world once again!!! Welcome, oh great one!!! To celebrate your arrival, I offer you a sacrifice!!! I offer you the Rose Duelist!!!
Llyr: Hm? It seems there's a misunderstanding here. Well, it matters not... The Rose Duelist is definitely a fine offering that only a fool would choose to pass up. Let us see what you're made of, shall we? Prepare yourself for battle!
[DUEL]
Llyr: What madness is this!? I cannot lose!!! I am the Guardian of the Cards!!! Me... The Guardian... Defeated!!!
Christian: No... To have come this far... It... cannot... be...
Llyr: Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!

Book excerpt: I leave this message for those who follow in my path... The Guardian who falleth at the hands of man was naught but a mere mortal. Journey forth and seek the true Guardian. For he shall be the one to guide thee to glory.
-Seto, High Mage of Amenhotep

Two months later... Yugi/Henry VII was officially crowned king at Westminster Cathedral on October 30th. Seto and his Rose Crusaders were never captured. However, they were never to be seen again. Henry VII was credited for ending the threat of the Rose Crusaders and was dubbed Yu-Gi-Oh! by his supporters. Naught has been recorded of [characrer name]'s contribution to the downfall of the Rose Crusaders or whether the Rose Duelist managed to return to the proper day and age. The tale remains a lost chapter in the annals of history... However,a document written in the hands of Christian has survived over the years. This document passed through several hands including John Dee the Alchemist, Emperor Rudolph II of Bohemia, and scholar Athanasius Kircher. Auctioned off in 1912, the document found its way into the hands of Wilfrid Voynich, an American collector of antique books. Known as the 'Voynich Manuscript', it remains undeciphered to this day, save for a short and mysterious inscroption... [game code]

Yu-Gi-Oh! THE DUELISTS OF THE ROSES
- The Red Rose Chapter END  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:42 pm
Said this to a chick I was bitching out. A useful(?) insight to how Seto's character can be percieved...

Seto doesn't take anger out on Yuugi either.
because what you're percieving as anger towards Yuugi is not anger.
It's frustration
If Seto is angry at anyone, it's himself.
because he sees Yuugi, or Dark Yuugi, rather, yes, as his rval, but ONLY because to forget the past, he has to destroy all traces of it. Through the course of events in the series, Seto has more or less imprinted this on to Dark Yuugi, and has made him out to be the physical embodiment of his past, and the failure associated with it.
Takahashi has said, in an interview, that without n opponent, a challenge, a rival, something to overcome and to beat, he.will.go.insane.
So, in a way, he's got a bit of a paradoxical personality.
He's trying with all his might to overcome something and move on, but at the same time, he can't keep a hold on a reality without the desire to keep trying to overcome some kind of opponent, whether it be psychological or physical.
And that irreconsiability is the core to the instability and overall pain of the character.
because, towards the end of the series, I believe he becomes aware of this internal conflict
and it's only by learning to let go, displayed by telling Yuugi that he's the only one who can beat his darker half right before the ceremonial battle,that he ever really takes a step forward.
and that's at the end of the series.  

Kaiba
Crew

Beloved Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
The Official Kaiba Seto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash