Hi people!
  Why did you choose that name?
  That's cool!
  ...no comment.
View Results

Kexita

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:00 pm
Shikalee

I've been studying rigorously for 2 years and I still can't write a sentence. People who can just get classese are very fortunate but don't realize it.

I know what you mean. Japanese classes are very rare in high school. Out of all the 5 high schools in our area, we're the only school that has it. And it's only for one reason. We have to offer two languages. And japanese is cheaper than german or french.

Ive taken three classes, each that last about nine weeks. Im about to start my 4th. And I still can't do anything fancy. Only simple conversations. Ive tried many times to watch anime without subtitles. I always think, "yay! i've learned so much!" and then when i try, i realize how little I know.

Kanji is a b***h. Period. I can only write Hiragana and katakana.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:25 pm
*Sigh*
My highschool is a cheapass one. The only language they can afford for us is Spanish.
That's it....
I'm freakin tired of learning spanish every year.
Although I've had these classes for......well over 4 years I still can barely speak any though.
sweatdrop
I guess it's just because I learn "just enough" to pass the class.

Historical

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:50 pm
churrlo
It's no problem >< Lmao and I'm not trying to pretend to be anyone xd

I suppose I would be "right minded", however I thought most teenagers tend to be due to hormones and stuff... then as we get older it switches? What else can the left side do...? I don't know much about the inner workings of the brain.
Well... Let's pretend right is the language side because I often get them mixed up. sweatdrop

It is true that the brain will commonly switch within a teenagers' middle years (16-1 cool , however, I have always used both sides, so if anything were to happen I may lose a side, but I am not in the middle of, "switching" sides.

Well, the right brain, assuming I haven't mixed up the sides, focuses on language, math, and some sciences. This side of the brain also memorizes facts quite well.

The left brain, also assuming I haven't mixed up the sides, focuses on art, creativity, music, inquiry, and memorizing/recognizing patterns. The right brain tends to be analytical while the left brain tends to be recognizing; so when something familiar is shown to a left brain they can recall every piece while a right brain would work out the possibilities giving them the general same result. It's not what we get, but how we do it.

Those who are left brained, however, will learn some Asian languages FAR easier because they can associate the Kanji with the actual sound. The letter in their mind shapes like the sound. Where for right brains, the association is simply just made and held in place.

Those who are right brained typically learn with writing and listening while those who are left brained will... learn by doing and speaking. This is where many people also divide by introverts and extroverts, but that's a whole other subject that I really can't begin to contempulate.

My school provides English (for spanish speakers), French, German, Spanish, and there WAS a Japanese class but the teacher left... and it was a period 9 class; after school.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:41 pm
Ahh interesting blaugh I am pretty right minded then.... a little left minded I suppose but not to some great extent. I am pretty good at patterns, inquiry, and some music, but not art or creativity really.

Also, I bet we could just turn this thread into the offtopic discussion if you guys wanted to. It doesn't seem like the crew is complaining, and I don't mind if you want.  

churrlo

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:05 pm
churrlo
Ahh interesting blaugh I am pretty right minded then.... a little left minded I suppose but not to some great extent. I am pretty good at patterns, inquiry, and some music, but not art or creativity really.

Also, I bet we could just turn this thread into the offtopic discussion if you guys wanted to. It doesn't seem like the crew is complaining, and I don't mind if you want.
Most people have a little of both. What makes me different is that I have A LOT of both. It contributes to my OCD and strange mannerisms. It's never, "cool" to be a, "genius."

Meh. I don't think we're allowed to turn it into that. That is just what happened.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:50 am
Yeah, we can't turn this thread into an off-topic thread because your not supposed to spam up the guild and post irrelevant stuff all around the place....That, and the fact that there already is an off-topic thread..It's called the Shinobi Hideout...

Oh, and the mods and such aren't coplaining because most likely they have yet to even read this thread...  

Repriev3

BIJINKEI

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:48 am
weird  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:43 pm
I don't think I've EVER seen a mod >< I wonder where they are surprised

Blah blah blah Naruto blah blah blah blaugh On topic again ><  

churrlo

Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff