Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Anime Knits

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AccentualWolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:53 pm
I was thinking about making some patterns based on anime shows and I can't thing of many that would be wroth while besides most of the well know ones. Can you guys jolt done some titles you think would be a good inspration for me? Thanks!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:36 pm
I knit cosplay caps. So far I have shigure (fruits basket) and Kuromongaru (graviation). I'm planning on making a hat for each fruits basket character, as well as Saizo from Peacmaker. And maybe Pharoh from YuGiOh GX. And Jeep from Saiyuki (can't spell his real name sweatdrop ).

I also helped a girl come up with a pattern for Cloud's sweater from Advent Children.

Oh, and I crocheted plushies. I mad a Duo and a Heero from Gundam wing. I want to make more, but my wrists hurt too bad after a while.  

LadyAnubis

Chaotic_Mind

4,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:05 pm
Oh my god, do you have the pattern for the shigure? I have a friend that would love it.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:18 pm
Chaotic_Mind
Oh my god, do you have the pattern for the shigure? I have a friend that would love it.

I made it up. I'll send it to you, but I need to make some adaptions to the sizing first. It came out a little small.  

LadyAnubis

gemini6184

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:40 pm
It'd be easier if we knew what animes you were looking for. Like for instance, I'm planning on designing a sweater to match the one worn by the teacher during the winter in Shuffle!, but without ideas it's hard to come up with any designs sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:28 am
Thank you, that'll be the best present ever for her.  

Chaotic_Mind

4,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

LadyAnubis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:19 pm
sweatdrop I hope my directions aren't too confusing.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:37 pm
They actually look a lot easier then some other patterns I've seen I just have to learn to knit in the round.  

Chaotic_Mind

4,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

LadyAnubis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:55 pm
Chaotic_Mind
They actually look a lot easier then some other patterns I've seen I just have to learn to knit in the round.
Good. It should be easier than standard patterns, seeing as I wrote that one and I can't read standard patterns.

The sizing is a little shakey; It's mostly estimates. Every time I make one, I make minor changes to improve it. That's the latest version that I sent you.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:58 pm
I'm kinda old school anime... and not really sure what you mean by "some patterns".. I mean, are you looking to make clothing in the animes, clothing with characters from the animes on it.. or what?

But anyways... animes.. yeah.. here's a list of some titles I've watched and liked.. Maybe they will help

Kiki's Delivery Service
Spirited Away
Tenchi Muyo
Slayers (and Slayers Next, and Slayers Try)
Cowboy Bebop
Martian Successor Nadesico
Big O (sometimes seen as The Big O)
Ranma 1/2
Trigun
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Lupin the Third (also shown as Lupin III)
Armitage III
Ghost in the Shell (and Ghost in the Shell: 2nd Gig)
Ouran High School Host Club
Ah! My Goddess
Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040
FLCL
Gunsmith Cats
Read or Die (also seen as R.O.D and R.O.D. the TV)
Haunted Junction
Jubei-Chan
Record of Lodoss Wars
Urusei Yatsura
Vampire Hunter D
Ushio and Tora
Witch Hunter Robin
Case Closed (sometimes seen as Detective Conan)

Okay... you know, it might work better to send you here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Anime_series

They list a lot of the anime series, and at the bottom of that page you can click the (next 200) link and see more.. and more.. and more... hehe. Then just click on a title and they should at least show you the cover from one a DVD in the series or some pictures.  

Kitanya_Rose

knitting_needle_ninja

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:37 am
I like to make arigumi of anime characters. They're really cute!  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games