5,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:40 pm
Tesgura
punk_rock_goddess21
[+Tsuki_Hime+]
The book, 'Vampire Kisses' is an amazingly well written novel with a sequal called 'Kissing Coffins, and also a third novel. [One of which I don't know the name of.]

Anyway, the main character is your stereotypical Goth. It really pissed me off, because the author portreyed Goth's in a very stereotypical way. [Repetitive, sorry.] I can't even remember the main character's name, but she was CONSTANTLY wearing black, was always thinking about death and grunge metal... Hellloooo~

That.
Is.
Not.
Gothic.

The authoress made her seem like a complete poser and it just pissed me off to no end. Me and the rest of my Gothy friends read it, and we agreed the character gave the Gothic culture a bad name. Sure, she was a cool character and all, but come on! Make her more realistic, you know?

Because it's not a culture where wearing black is what gets you in. [Though it helps.] Gothic is more of a state of mind. That's how I see it. Though, through the years, the style considered as 'Gothic' has evolved in many ways; through music, clothing, attitudes, stereotypes...

I'm a more classic person, who believes that to be Gothic, you have to have the heart of a Goth.

=D

Anyway, end rant.

3: Vampiresville
hasnt come out yet

I enjoy the books, but I agree. She makes that being gothic means u have to have combat boots, black sunglasses & wear them all the time, & u have to wear black lipstick all the time
but the thing that made me really mad about those books, they called bats blind! They arent blind! xp

Um, bats are blind.

They just also have sonar that allows them to HEAR where things are. That doesn't make them any less blind.

That is an urban myth, Where did you hear that bats are blind? Bats have eyesight, but it pales in comparison to their sonar abilities

Heres a sight and a quote from it http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/batfacts.htm#Is a bat blind
Is a bat blind?
"No. Bats have small eyes that are functional and sensitive to light. Eyesight helps a bat perceive its environment, but vision is not its primary navigational tool. Bats primarily navigate by using echolocation."

So there  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:35 pm
Well, I'm a goth and I'm depressed. I don't mind being accused of either one... though I do agree it's silly to say all goths are mentally ill.

What I don't like is the assumption that we wear black *because* we're depressed, and that we wallow in misery because we want attention or are secretly competing to see how angsty we can be.

I don't like feeling depressed. It sucks. I also don't like brooding, because I find it an incredible waste of time. All it will do is drag me down into the very feelings I try to avoid. I am conscientious about my depression. I combat it with medicine, basic stubbornness, and anything else that helps me contribute to the world like a normal, functional person.

Ironically, I started wearing black when my medication first began to work. It was a celebration of feeling better, not a display of pathos. "Oh, glee," I thought, "I can surround myself with black stuff and it doesn't get me down! I can finally, *finally* listen to minor key music without bursting into tears!"

I try to find meaning in the sadder aspects of life. It's not about angst. It's about avoiding angst by believing these things happen for a reason.  

Veruniel
Crew

cynicalspiritvalea

Wheezing Sex Symbol

7,900 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:15 pm
fools_love
i know one is "goths worship satan" totally not true

Yeah I hear that all the time. Soemthing that is really sucky is like 'goths dont have friends' not ture people....!  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff