Reply Smash Help
What is Attack lag???

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tigerzero

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:05 pm
When I go on Smash boards I see the term Attack lag or jump lag. What do they mean. Because whem im playing it I dont see any lag.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:29 pm
Basically lag in any fighting game is related to the amount of time it takes for your character to return to its neutral standing position AFTER your attack has finished its attack frames.

Like after Roy's forward smash, you've got to wait a REALLY long time for it to end after the attack.

The most important lag you want to deal with is Aerial attack lag.

Basically If you're doing an attack in the air, and your character is still in the process of doing the attack when you land, you have landing lag. This is really obvious with Link's Dair (Down air attack) which makes him pull his sword out of the ground.

The reason why aerial lag is your main concern is because you can cancel it through a process called 'L-Cancelling'.

Basically you Hit L (Or R...some people Z-Cancel) when you hit the ground during an Aerial attack and your lag gets cut in half or more.

This is why being able to SHUFFL (Short Hop, Fast Fall, L-Cancel) attacks is important, because it's the fastest way to play SSBM.  

ArcVyse

Tigerzero

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:21 pm
I'm struggling with Wavedashing and L-canceling  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:44 am
who do u play as ???
i may be able to help  

Phantom_Renegade

Smash Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash