Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sounds interesting?
  Yes
  Nope
View Results

x0DarkTiger0x

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:33 pm
Merry meet! I’m Dark Tiger and I’m posting this thread looking for any one interested in becoming a member of my staff. I’m the owner and lead editor of a monthly Pagan newsletter called Silver Wings.

Silver Wings is a very informational free newsletter. The articles with in the newsletter are written by the community for the community. Many of the writers are from different paths and walks of life. So we try to cover many topics.

Now, the reason I’m looking for writers is because after Silver Wings was on a short hiatus, I had to let go of many of the writers for inactivity. Which basically means before Silver Wings went on hiatus, they were constantly sending articles in very late or not sending them in at all with out a reason. If you wish to be a writer, all I ask is to let me know at least a week before articles are due that you won’t be able to get it in due to school or vacation. I’m very understanding, so just let me know and your position is secure.

So if you’re still reading, I know you are wondering what kind of articles there are in Silver Wings. Well, before I list them, I’d like to let you know that these articles are not set in stone. I may not have all of these in the newsletter, or if there isn’t an article listed that you want to do, then let me know what article you’d like to write and it can be added to the newsletter.

Here is the list of what I’d like to have in the newsletter:

Spiritual
Philosophy of the Craft
Spiritual Practice

Informational
Religious Paths
Religion Myths
Deities of the Month
Sabbaths
Rituals Spells
Herbs
Recipes

Essays
Paganism in School
Paganism in the News
Life in the Closet

Crafts
For Kids
For the Family
For the Home

Requests
Healing Energy Requests
Advice Column

Entertainment
Short Stories
Poems
Jokes

As you can see, I’m expecting to have a lot of information covered in the newsletter. And it’s aimed for the community and not just a specific group!

And I’m also VERY interested in finding two high school (or junior high school) students who wish to write for the ‘Paganism in Schools’ article. To share with other students AND parents on how it is being an open Pagan teen or in the closet Pagan teen in school.

So if you are up for the task, join the Silver Wings team today! If you wish to join my staff, just PM me. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Dark Tiger, Owner and Lead Editor  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:58 pm
As I'm starting university soon, I won't be able to contribute on a regular time, but is there anything wrong with simply sending random things in? You'll get poems and prose, random essays and musings.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

x0DarkTiger0x

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:11 am
Nihilistic Seraph
As I'm starting university soon, I won't be able to contribute on a regular time, but is there anything wrong with simply sending random things in? You'll get poems and prose, random essays and musings.

That would be nice. 3nodding Now, there is a yahoo private group I made for staff/writers. It's an easy way to share ideas and stay updated. Let me know if you want an invite to it. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:02 pm
I'm also going into college, but I find myself with a decent amount of free time (provided I can keep away from Flyff). I may be able to write some stuff for you, though I'm not sure how much I can provide...my path is still being set.

I guess I could help with "life in the closet", because I still don't talk too openly about my faith.  

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:13 am
Informal application sent. =P  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:58 pm
Azana Brown
I'm also going into college, but I find myself with a decent amount of free time (provided I can keep away from Flyff). I may be able to write some stuff for you, though I'm not sure how much I can provide...my path is still being set.

I guess I could help with "life in the closet", because I still don't talk too openly about my faith.

Okay. Sounds great! It's only monthly (like I said above) so it's just an article a month. Do you have an ideas on what you will do with the article? Like take a topic of 'Life in the Closet'? Like hard ships, wanting to tell family or friends but afriad they might reject you afterwards?

Also, there is a yahoo private group I made for staff/writers. It's an easy way to share ideas and stay updated. Let me know if you want an invite to it.  

x0DarkTiger0x

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:17 am
x0DarkTiger0x
Azana Brown

Okay. Sounds great! It's only monthly (like I said above) so it's just an article a month. Do you have an ideas on what you will do with the article? Like take a topic of 'Life in the Closet'? Like hard ships, wanting to tell family or friends but afriad they might reject you afterwards?

Also, there is a yahoo private group I made for staff/writers. It's an easy way to share ideas and stay updated. Let me know if you want an invite to it.

Both of those sound like potential topics that I have some experience in. I've got some more potential ideas, but I just need to sit down and start writing, I suppose.

And I would love to join the group. My Yahoo! name is sapphira_46038.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:44 am
I would help, if I had time, but I doubt I'll find time latter since Danish high school level is higher than the US one and well it's much more compact threfore much more to learn in a shorter time. I only have like a month to be taught and understand Calculus... xp then we move on to the next topic in math.
Even if I'm not currently swamped I'll probably be in a month or two, sadly. gonk  

Goddess Hekate
Crew

VirMeretrix

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:53 pm
I am definitely interested.

Also, what type of media is this newsletter...? And where exactly does it go?

But yea...is there an...application I'm supposed to fill out?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:48 pm
VirMeretrix
I am definitely interested.

Also, what type of media is this newsletter...? And where exactly does it go?

But yea...is there an...application I'm supposed to fill out?

Right now the newsletter is sent through a yahoo newsletter group.

And there isn't an application. What article are you interested in writing? And here are the article requierments:

Length
At least 600 words, no more then 1500 (subject to change)

Spelling
Please SPELL CHECK your Articles!

Due
Last Friday of every month

Rating
Try and keep it PG, but no higher than PG-13 (mainly for short stories and poems)  

x0DarkTiger0x

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:16 am
Ack! No more than 1500 words? I'll try for that... heh.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:27 am
Do you have someone to do the Sabbaths for Advice columns? Ether one of them sound interesting to me. My yahoo is yuma_no_ame

also, do you have any sample of what the newletter looks like?  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items