Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Weather. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you like The Sims 2 to have weather?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Briannabo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:30 pm
Well it is a life simulator?.. It's pretty realistic. whee  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:40 pm
If you search on MTS2, you'll find various weather hacks.

One of them you buy as an object and place it in the sky. The weather resets itself every 24 hours so you CAN get different weather.  

Greenzally

Tyo Blu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:14 pm
The weather would be nice; they already have most of it in the game, it's just inoperable for now -- with a later expansion they might go back into the files and make it work, they just had too many bugs with it that they couldn't fix in time for the game's original release.

I think it was Numenor at modthesims that said that there's a power-outage scenario that can still be accessed (through much effort) where you have to keep the family's fun levels elevated through the power outage without the use of electronics, and in the end you would've gotten a windmill that reduced the bills or something like that.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:25 pm
Actually I think the windmill made it so that if there was another power outage you could use it to generate electricity instead of having to deal with no power again.

Can I just say; this thread is really behind the times!
Has nobody here heard about the rumours of the next expansion pack after PETS? It appeared on the official game registration page as "Sims 2: In Season" or something like that and MAXIS quickly removed it and dismissed it. Since then people who have already got their hands on PETS have said there is a flyer in the case about the next expansion which is to be about weather and seasons.
Now the weather I would love but the seasons I would not. This is because it would kind of shatter the illusion of sim time. I'm guessing that a sim would be able to go from baby to old child before even a years worth of seasons had passed.
Oh how I long to be able to electricute my sims in the hot tub when it rains! twisted Plus their conversations about weather will make much more sense.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Spoilt_lil_missy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:33 am
Well of course the thread is behind the times; it was started ages ago.

I take your point about seasons though, that would be rather weird.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:02 pm
Yeah! Snow would be awesome. You could do all sorts of stuff!
Rain would be cool too. And thunderstorms!

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:30 pm
Here's an update for you: If you go and check out the front page of the official sims2 site there is now a small teaser picture taken from the flyer in the box. It shows two sims and the picture is split into quarters with a different season in each. Looks like they may have finally sorted the weather problems. I wonder if they will bother reactivating the power outage senario? I sure hope so.  
The Sims Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff