Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Eep! ..no stores carry this fabric..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ayeaka

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:01 pm
Anyone know where I could just..y'know..buy fishnet/mesh fabric? Online somewhere, I mean? The craft/hobby stores here don't carry it, and none of the fabric stores do. ..the employees always think I mean tulle.

This, of course, won't work for what I have in mind. I plan on modifying a Vogue pattern. (I don't have the exact number handy. Sorry. :/ )
It has two versions--one with both sleeves, one with only one. I plan on replacing the 'missing' sleeve with fishnet, as well as...other parts of the shirt that're missing.

The problem, of course, is...I have no idea where to get the fishnet fabric. D:
A friend was able to provide me with a few tiny scraps from back when Hancocks had some, but..that's about it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:02 am
JoAnn fabrics should carry a mesh type fabric. It's around the tulle area, but it isn't tulle. It usally comes in neon colors, plus black.

Check in the halloween costume area. Weird fabrics tend to end up there.

Have you thought about buying a couple pairs of fishnets from Walmart and taking them appart to use?

Oh, and they do have an online store.  

knitting_needle_ninja

Ayeaka

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:53 pm
knitting_needle_ninja
JoAnn fabrics should carry a mesh type fabric. It's around the tulle area, but it isn't tulle. It usally comes in neon colors, plus black.

Have you thought about buying a couple pairs of fishnets from Walmart and taking them appart to use?

Hnm. The local areas have Tulle, and then a soft version of tulle. But neither are the stretchy type of fabric I'd need for this project.

Hnm. We used to have a JoAnn fabric store, here. It went out of business, though. :/

Trying to avoid Walmart, but I'll keep searching online.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:19 pm
Ayeaka
knitting_needle_ninja

Hnm. The local areas have Tulle, and then a soft version of tulle. But neither are the stretchy type of fabric I'd need for this project.

Hnm. We used to have a JoAnn fabric store, here. It went out of business, though. :/

Trying to avoid Walmart, but I'll keep searching online.

Buy fishing net from a local fishing store. That may not work though.  

Ghanrak

[Grendel]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:14 pm
I'm pretty sure that you can buy fabric from Joann's online. Also ebay is a wonderful magical place that has everything, other than pink corduroy sold from the UK 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:54 am
[Grendel]
I'm pretty sure that you can buy fabric from Joann's online. Also ebay is a wonderful magical place that has everything, other than pink corduroy sold from the UK 3nodding
I used to work at JoAnns. I know you can get fabric online from them, or at least search stores for whichever one has it. You may have to drive to pick it up, but they will have it.  

LadyAnubis

Ayeaka

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:30 pm
LadyAnubis
[Grendel]
I used to work at JoAnns. I know you can get fabric online from them, or at least search stores for whichever one has it. You may have to drive to pick it up, but they will have it.

I did a search online--it said it had three pages of results, but..clicking to go to either of the next pages brought up a page saying they had no results with my search string. :/  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games