Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Puns - Low form of humor? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Puns?
  I can take them or leaf them....
  NO!!! I HATE PUNS!!!!!11!1!!1EXCLAMATION POINT!!
View Results

Switchblade Saint

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:32 pm
Depends on if they are funny or not, sometimes if i'm in the right mood, i'll make a pun and then say [punk intended] because, a lot of "teenies" for bands, say things then go n0 puN iNtEnDeD! In which case, i use it to make fun of them.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:46 pm
Puns can be absolutely hilarious if used properly. I do hate when people say "Oh that's so punny"... I don't know why, it just bugs me. And I don't see them as being a "low" form of humour at all. Some of them are quite clever plays on words.  

sixfiftyeight

The Librarian Battlerager

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:28 am
Puns are great when left to be a rare gem found only now and then. But my friends and I try to go punny and all it does is give us more material to poke fun at each other. Or you know, just give 'that look'. You know the one.

stare  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:59 am
Puns are quite fun. Not in excess, but then no humour in excess continues to be amusing, except perhaps the antics of the Brits. Oh, Margaret Thatcher, you amuse me so! xd

But seriously, if you've ever watched Dr. Who, Monty Python or the House of Commons, you know what I'm talking about. 3nodding  

Xillania

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces