Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Scrap Yarn

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yay!
  Gold!
View Results

VP Club Freakin Justice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:46 pm
Any suggestions for a knitting project made completely of scrap yarn? Keep in mind that I don't have a lot of each of my scrap yarns.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:55 pm
Knecklace--Knitty

Afghan or crochet hook/knitting needle roll

knitting needle roll

tie

Henry VIII's Wedding gift

A Maiden's Glory

That's all I can find for now  

Maki Minakoaino

gemini6184

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:37 am
If you go onto www.knitting.about.com and check their oddball patterns, you'll find plenty of ideas. There's an afghan, a scarf, slippers, all kindsa fun stuff 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:44 am
I croshet my scraps together to make multi colored granny squares, which become a "scrapgan."  

knitting_needle_ninja

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:52 pm
I use a lot of scrap yarn for Warm Up America - although Knitting Needle Ninja's "scrapgan" idea sounds cool.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:17 am
Wasn't there a book about that? I think there was. Was it called something like "oddball knitting"?  

Zahra Ovaci

VP Club Freakin Justice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:28 am
I actually saw a book about it today at hobby lobby but now I don't remember the name. I didn't pay attention to it because I couldn't afford the book.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:14 am
Interlibrary loan! biggrin

You can always go to your local library and have them get a book from a different library. It takes a while to get in, but you can test-drive any damn craft book you like, so you know which ones are actually worth the money, and if you only end up liking one pattern out of the book, well, they usually have copy machines there too. I ain't afraid to say I've done it, and it's fine to create the working copy to mark up while you make the item - just don't make a million copies to sell on ebay or anything. Seriously, interlibrary loan is the best thing ever. I would never have bought all the knitting books I have if I hadn't had the chance to live with them in my house for a few weeks and see how awesome they are. My personal rule of thumb is, if I've returned it and wish I could reference it more than 5 times in the next two months, it's worth buying 3nodding  

Zahra Ovaci

Tiga Claw

150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:43 pm
Mum did this really great knitted patchwork quilt - each patch had a different kind of wool and a different knitted pattern. Spots, pearl, zigzag, you name it. I thought it would look bad, but it was gorgeous.
Each square was about 6 inches by 6 inches.  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games