Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Crochet is hard... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:09 pm
Fenhir Noble
Well, I've practiced and now I'm a lot better.
I find it hard to believe that crochet uses more yarn then knitting.... It's a lot faster though.

Yes, it is a lot faster. In fact I made about three projects one weekend with crochet that would've taken me a week to do each one. And that's including the fact that I'm not *supposed* to crochet because of a wrist problem so I have to take a LOT of breaks!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:39 am
after some practice your stiches will look neater and more attractive. It also might help to play around with how loose your stitches are. Just be patient.
and have fun making new stuff.  

ajazzydancer

SaelensFrozenFlame

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:11 pm
I actually taught myself how to crochet when i was younger...and for the longest time, that was all i knew how to do...Knitting's actually given me the most trouble of the two....so i dunno...i guess i'm just an oddity...*shrugs and wanders off to work on her dolfie scarf*  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:23 pm
I've actually heard that knitting is alot harder than crochet, but Im not sure.
I prefer knitting. I think it's prettier.  

Rawr 112

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:40 am
I've heard that the difficulty level depends on what you learn first. My mother hates crochet but loves to knit. I find crocheting easier than knitting, but I've been crocheting for about 10 years and only started knitting a few years ago. I need to practice my knitting more, but crochet is so much faster for me.
I don't like hearing either technique put down because each has it's good and bad points. I think that irish crochet would look horrible translated to knitting, but knitting is better for sweaters because it drapes better and uses less yarn. I also prefer crocheted afghans to knitted ones, the knitted ones are too stretchy in my opinion.
I look forward to the day when I can knit a sweater and then use crochet to embelish it.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:39 am
pinkteddy
I gave up on crochet. . . knitting was so much easier, better, and better looking!

Crochet just wasn't my type at all.

I did the same thing. I totally suck at crochet.  

takocos

Dapper Genius

4,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Kathelyne

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:17 pm
I can do a row, and thats all. I can't manage the second row! stressed  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:38 pm
sweatdrop I have a stupid question. Can you make the same things with crocheting and knitting? Like, is one better suited for making certain things? Whenever I learn...which, who knows when that will be, I want to be able to make stuffies-which is better for that? Thanks!  

KiwiDragon

Kathelyne

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:47 pm
KiwiDragon
sweatdrop I have a stupid question. Can you make the same things with crocheting and knitting? Like, is one better suited for making certain things? Whenever I learn...which, who knows when that will be, I want to be able to make stuffies-which is better for that? Thanks!

what's a stuffie?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:41 am
KiwiDragon

Knitting is better for things that you want to stretch and drape well, crochet is stiffer and usually makes a denser fabric. There are exceptions to this rule, you can crochet with a larger hook than recomended and get a looser fabric and you can knit with smaller needles than recomended and get a tighter fabric than normal.
I've seen both knit and crochet stuffies.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Kaiza Yu-lee Asakura

Unbeatable Lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:54 am
Bump. ninja

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers