Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Can someone explain to me what a "Mallgoth" is?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold.
  Yay.
View Results

JustAnotherTeenMinority

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:19 pm
lurichan
XxBloodyXWristxX
Anyone and I stress ANYONE who claims to be "goth" or any other label are not. People who are really into these lifestyles do not try to flaunt it and talk about it all the time....

Isn't that a bit harsh? After all, a lot of the people here feel at least some affinity towards being goth even if they don't go around flaunting it all the time.

Lol I don't flaunt it, because I don't like getting my head handed to me by the 99% rap listening to population of my city sweatdrop .. I wear alot of black but no make-up and believe that people who really flaunt it, are actually preps who just feel like making a scene so they can get attention ( or so it seems with the people I know ). ( NO offence to anybody here btw whee )  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:07 am
Yes I have a few people at school act this way...It kinda gets on my nerves...just the way the do stereotype goth behavior it makes me itch......  

Turn-Based Addict

Backwoods Phantom

xCapnGx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:55 pm
I hate going to the mall and seeing all these "goths" hanging out in front of Hot Topic wearing shirts that say "I'm so Goth". Oh God. *slaps head*  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:17 am
I view Hot Topic as a last resort. One step above Abercrombie and Fitch.....and that's it. Online stores are the way to go...at least for me.

But yeah I think people who are fake about Goth are ruining what it means to be goth. The point of Goth is to be different not to become what others tell you to be.

Laharl Part Deux

TheWitchGotRobin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:05 am
Laharl Part Dux
I view Hot Topic as a last resort. One step above Abercrombie and Fitch.....and that's it. Online stores are the way to go...at least for me.

I mostly use Hot Topic for my Fan Girl needs. (Especially since Media Play tragically died. emo ) For example, yesterday I got a Boba Fett hoodie for an shocking $11. ("Half off on all clearance items" FTW~!) But otherwise, even though I love some of the designer stuff, (epsecially their loli) I know I can usually find stuff like that a lot cheaper somewhere else if I wanted. (Especially since Loli and 80's punk are staring to sneak into stores everywhere.) I like to find relitively normal things and add my own little touch to them, too. Don't get me wrong though, I love Hot Topic. They have a nice variety of stuff, but it's just silly and narrow to only shop there. And it is a bit annoying when I tell someone I just happened to buy something from Hot Topic, and then they go on a rant about how Hot Topic sells out and only posers shop there. (Kinda worse than people who do shop there all the time, actually.) And then a few days later I'm in there looking around and their like, "Oh hey, bk, hows it going?" rofl  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff