Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Solitude + Boredom = Selflove?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Athiel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:21 am
Being this little narcissistic b***h, I've noticed that I have a tendency to resort to mirrors (or whatever reflective surfaces close at hand) whenever I'm bored.
This being the Gothiest of guilds, I cannot but wonder if others have minds of similar twists.

Let's say you find yourself alone at home. you know no-one is going to see you all day, thus, there are no people around giving you any reason to get all fancied up. Or is there?

Has it ever happened that, despite the lack of contact with the outside world, you still spend a few hours on looks? You have an extra shower, find some pretty clothes, put on a bit of make-up.. For your eyes only?
Just to have something in the mirror to look back at you without giving the urge to run and hide?

I know I have, but then, at this point, who is really surprised?><

Tell me now, am I the only one who bothers with stuff like this on lonely days?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:30 am
I've done the same thing. Not often, and not lately. Maybe because I just havn't been alone and bored for a long time. But getting dressed up is fun :3  

Alice_K8

ieatyourtclol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:34 am
Athiel
Being this little narcissistic b***h, I've noticed that I have a tendency to resort to mirrors (or whatever reflective surfaces close at hand) whenever I'm bored.
This being the Gothiest of guilds, I cannot but wonder if others have minds of similar twists.

Let's say you find yourself alone at home. you know no-one is going to see you all day, thus, there are no people around giving you any reason to get all fancied up. Or is there?

Has it ever happened that, despite the lack of contact with the outside world, you still spend a few hours on looks? You have an extra shower, find some pretty clothes, put on a bit of make-up.. For your eyes only?
Just to have something in the mirror to look back at you without giving the urge to run and hide?

I know I have, but then, at this point, who is really surprised?><

Tell me now, am I the only one who bothers with stuff like this on lonely days?

Not at all.

I, like you, also, when NOT going out, like to "fancy myself up." The make-up and clothing which I wear is personal. I don't wear it for others. Iwear it because it makes me feel safe. Hidden behind the clothes and make-up, I fool myself into believing that person doesn't exist. When I look in that mirror after my 2 hour process of beautifying. I don't see the scars and tears.

You are not the only one who dresses up when alone.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:36 am
Aha!

More proof that we are merely the same person only opposite versions in sex and birthplace!

I do the same thing. It's time to experiment or simply perfect makeup or outfit ideas; or just to have fun.

I never really thought about the possibility that others do it as well.

whee

MortSanglant

Silenus Slade

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:52 am
I heart showers. Just going to throw that out there.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:32 am
I would if my camera worked and I had more fancy clothes. Then it'd give me the opportunity to be a lovely little camwhore. 3nodding  

EvFaerAshlynn

Athiel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:01 am
Ah, yes, so it Is true, This Is the 'Got Goth?' guild - Where vanity dwells!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:48 am
I dont take it as far as you do.
But when I am alone, and bored I will go to a mirror and stare for a little while, and I might fix my hair a little bit, once I am bored with that I go find something else to do.  

Al-aaraaf

2aetH

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:31 pm
Ummm....no. I look in the mirror when I go to the bathroom, and when I'm getting ready to go somewhere.

Other than that, I'm oblivious to it.

When I'm bored, I read, or go online, or watch TV, or draw, or play music, or play video games, or go out and walk. I can't stand pictures. Anytime I've been a cam-whore was at the request of someone else lmao.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:51 pm
When I used to fix my hair, I would spend some days just trying out new styles and all that fun.

One day, I spent at least 5 hours molding my hair.....and I never went anywhere.

I do also stare into the mirror when I have nothing else to do, maily to see what colors my eyes are that day...but it's hard not to, considering my closet has mirrors for doors.  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:26 pm
I don't really love myself when I'm lonely, I just get more time to write stories...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:41 pm
I dress the way I do for me, any affects on others is usually just a semi-pleasant bonus. I mostly try to hide the scars and tears too, so far, its worked so to speak.

I have always been a little interested in seeing what colour my eyes happen to be, but I can say, I honestly do not love myself.

If I come across a mirror, I can become fairly engulfed in it, but, thats usually broken by immediate issues I always have to address.  

Dorian Requiem

Steampunked

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:47 pm
I hate mirrors, and find them disturbing. Mind you, if I'm depressed, I tend to take more care selecting an outfit that will make me feel good about myself - something fun or with a little more quirkiness to it. Or I might chop off all my hair or dye it a different colour suddenly.  
~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games