Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
How did you find your patron(s)? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PoeticVengeance

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:34 pm
I'm definately not "ditheistic" in terms of which Aspects I actively emulate and channel.

Lunar Aspect, Star/Radiance Aspect (tentatively named Brimstar, it seems to suit it well), Beauty Aspect, Compassion Aspect, and Intelligence Aspect to name a few.

And I secretly like and channel the Misdirection Aspect, although I'm not 100% comfortable with "The Trickster" yet. Misdirection has a really bad rap from a lot of people.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:43 pm
I've always been interested in cats. As long as I can remember I have loved them. I even sometimes act like a cat, I growl when I'm mad and my ears try to go back when I'm scared, ect. Bast came to me in a dream and I just knew that she had chosen me. I'm also closely conected to the triple goddess, but I when looking for her. ^-^  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Anabis

Monster Mage

21,250 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:44 am
I don't work with any deities, per se, since I'm not comfortable about channeling them or anything and I'm still doing research, but there are three who I have a connection to: Anubis, Hades and Demeter.

I've always been into Mythology - Dragons, 'rulers' from other parts of the world, ect, and got my first chance and getting to know some of them better within my last two years of middleschool (I'm now a senior in highschool, plus one year for being held back as a junior due to school change) with an Encyclopedia on the Greek Gods, Demigods and Demons, where I clicked with Hades (Don't ask...), and got curious - I knew my culture had the 'Grim Reaper', now I knew Greeks had Hades, bu who else was there? Ooooh, mystery.

I looked up 'Death Gods' on the net, and found a good many, I found a site on Anubis, and was just kinda like 'Oh, cool, Anubis', and kept looking, I just yesterday realized that he shouldn't have been 'familiar' to me because like the others I'd not heard of him before then. Fastforward in time if you will to only a year or two ago - I'm completly obsessed with Egypt and know more about Anubis, and I meet him, actually meet him, in a vision/meditation, which was awesomely cool.

Then I saw him again, just a quick image in my mind (that took over my actual sight) I was in another room and all the sudden 'blip!' There I see Anubis, in my room, leaning against my bookcase. O.o needless to say that was odd.

Hades and Demeter showed up at about the same time, Hades a bit before - I'd had a dream that made really no sence to me, and though I'd only seen the 'Hercules (Disney) version of Hades before, and he looked different, I still knew them - Hades was ticked for some reason, and Demeter helped me out. I still like Hades, and Demeter's pretty awesome, but Anubis is who I can interact with easily.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:07 pm
Well, my deity dies have gotten less strong in recent years, but I used to work a lot with the Green Man. This came about primarily because I lived in a forestry community, and the neighborhood I lived in was near to two stretches of woods. I spent a lot of time outside, and found myself drawn to him.  

phantomkitsune

Dangerous Enabler

ILuvEire

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:39 pm
When I was 6 I swear the statue of "Saint" Brigit looked at me. I was sitting under her statue and I looked up at her...then she looked down at me, and smiled. She said Dia Daoibh. Then went away...That night in my dreams I saw fire (Goddess of Fire) all around me and a voive reapating, Dia Daoibh over and over, then She was standing right in front of me.

Shortly after that I was contacted by Dagda...who was amusing to say the least...

Then a few weeks ago I was at the library browsing the mythology section when the podcast I was listening to started a section on the Morrigan, and a book fell off the shelf that said, "Celtic Deity: The Morrigan"...Yeah she was not one to beat around the bush!

Balor (God of Death) came to me when we were at the hospital and my Grandma was dying. He apeared and shook his head over her shoulder. He looked up and said, she's dying. Then the doctor came in to tell us se was dying...

I heard Danu when I was in circle. She is like the Irish Gaea...

I met Epona when I was washing one of the other horses. She scrubbed and scrubbed at his (quite) dirty coat. Later she came to me in a dream when I was floating around in the sae with little sea horses...she said oh, come to me my sweet little accedents. Then we were in a feild riding horses. I have only channled her once...and turns out she does NOT like snakes, or Oak trees. Probably bacause her horses are afraid of them! lol.

I work with the whole Celtic pantheon, so far I have talked to the Morrigan, Dagda, Brigit, Balor (THAT on was intresting!), Danu, and Epona.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:05 pm
I am still seeking my patron god and goddess. I'll let you know when one finds me. smile  

MaleficentSnape

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:57 pm
ILuvEire
I work with the whole Celtic pantheon, so far I have talked to the Morrigan, Dagda, Brigit, Balor (THAT on was intresting!), Danu, and Epona.

The whole Celtic pantheon, or the Irish pantheon? You've encountered a few from the Tuath de Dannon and one Fromorian, but there are still others, even within the Irish pantheon to work with. Then you need to branch out to get the continental, the Welsh, Scottish, and British as well. Celtic culture wasn't exclusive to just Ireland. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:39 pm
Oh, sorry actually just the Irish Pantheon. Though I am thinking of trying to contact some of the Gaulish deities...and Native American...I dont think many Deities all they way in France would hear me over seas...  

ILuvEire

MaleficentSnape

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:19 am
I had a most interesting experience yesterday involving Isis. It was almost like she called to me. I don't really know how to explain it. I am definitely going to pursue this further.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:37 pm
The patron I first came in contact with suprised me very much. I had just become dedicated to the hellenistic pantheon, but had a lot of problems in my life dealing with my family, and I was in a loss in my relationship to any of the gods.

But then my brother ran away, it was very bad, and it was Hermes that comforted me. I hadn't really considered Hermes before, didn't know much about Him actually. My brother was found shortly after and it was very rocky at first, but he's better now, I think he found whatever he was looking for (but is still searching). But that's how me and Hermes started off.

I am very shy, and so it is often hard for me to contact the gods for the first time (I'm always afraid I'll mess up or insult them). I've been attempting to impress Athena, and she is helping me, with a lot of trial and error. She came to me when I started my quest to further my knowledge, and has brought many joys to my life, but I'm still not at an incredibly comfortable level, yet.  

Miss Jetpack

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces