Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:43 pm
Shikalee
Captain Verd
I don't mind debates over the internet. It's fun when people can be civil, and actually present good ideas and evidence.

I'm not such a huge fan of people who read into the things I say way too much, or nitpick at something that isn't important to the overall theme.

Actually, what bugs me the most is when people say nothing but "You're an idiot; I'm clearly smarter than you" and leave it at that. One of the key points of holding a good debate is not to get personal, attack the other side, and especially claiming to be smarter than the other party. Unfortunately, I've seen that happen too many times. It's just so tasteless, so... I don't know, stupid? I admit, I'm pretty blunt when it comes to alot of things, and I actually like it when people are blunt with me. But every time I get one of those comments, I roll my eyes and smile. To me it makes the person seem like more of an a*****e and less of an intellectual.

That said, my real life arguements are generally riddled with jokes and end with "Why? You're a ******** and a father raper". But I'm always talking to my siblings or friends, so we never really debate seriously anyway.
I've realized most are pointless, mostly due to the fact anyone can lie at any time and no one can prove anything (in all arguements, not just Naruto related).

Maybe you should watch what you say. Leave no room to be judged.

I know you keep picking at me, but I never called you an idiot. I said that you were no genius. Big whoop. Geniuses are only of the 98th percentile; that's not a big number. Bluntless is generally a weapon of arrogance, and commonly leads to people assuming that you feel superiority over them. It's a weakness.

I debate with anyone willing to hold opposing views in an attempt to learn. Who they are is irrelevant.
There is always room to be judged.

I didn't say you did. Yes, you said you were smarter than me and said I had p***s envy for some reason, but I wasn't talking about you when I said idiot. I've been called that by other people.

Being blunt is not a weakness. It's confidence in getting your point across. Besides, I didn't say I was blunt in all things. I am not always blunt in my debates, nor am I blunt when I disagree with someone in a non-debate situation.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:10 pm
I also debate with anyone who's willing blaugh  

churrlo

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:43 am
confused  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:40 am
Nani??  

churrlo

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:07 pm
churrlo
Nani??
I eraced my angry post. It was to Verdy. I just didn't want to argue. gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:52 pm
Ok >< Okies.... xd  

churrlo

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:05 pm
Shikalee
churrlo
Not at all ^_^
Really? Just an entertaining... smart person? xp

I wonder how much a kick everyone really gets out of my arguements; whether or not because it's stupid or because I can pull logic out of the most microscopic creases.

YA! Shikalee is teh awesome. >D Well, that's why you're probably the most logical person here, Shikalee. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:39 pm
I know her real name! twisted  

churrlo

Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out