Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We call it the song.
  KAKAKAKAKAKAKASH!
View Results

Celestiara

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:25 pm
Arkyana
I never read the saga and to be honest, it's kind of discouraging because there's so many books. When I have time, I'll try and read at least one.

Read Dragons of Autumn Twilight. It's the only one that'll make any sense if you're just starting the series.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:36 pm
The DragonLance series was one of the first fantasy series I ever read. I started with Dragons of Autumn Twilight and went onward from there. It led me to discover many of Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman's books (particularly the excellent Death Gate Cycle).

I read nearly every book pre-Dragons of Summer Flame, and haven't read any past that in the chronology. What do they call all those? The Fifth Age or something?

I love the books because they are so action-packed; the Chronicles especially feel that way because they were based off of a D&D campaign. I love the setting, even though it's pretty generic. Tons of memorable characters and settings.  

Siyau

Minako85

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:47 am
I've read:

Dragons of the Autumn Twilight
Dragons of the Winter Night
Dragons of the Spring Dawning
Time of the Twins
War of the Twins
Test of the Twins

I really liked the saga,and I'm trying to find the other books that I haven't read yet.
I particularly like Raistlin! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:56 pm
I've read them! I absolutely love the series. heart  

Ishetalia

Blessed Mage

7,650 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Partygoer 500

Ishetalia

Blessed Mage

7,650 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:59 pm
Minako85
I've read:

Dragons of the Autumn Twilight
Dragons of the Winter Night
Dragons of the Spring Dawning
Time of the Twins
War of the Twins
Test of the Twins

I really liked the saga,and I'm trying to find the other books that I haven't read yet.
I particularly like Raistlin! 3nodding
You might consider reading Soulforged and Brothers in Arms. Those two particularly have to do with Raistlin's Test and why Caramon became even more protective of hi.

You might also like Second Generation and Dragons of Summer Flame. They have to do with the childfren of the original group, but some of them still show up. ^_^

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:39 pm
I have over 100 of the Dragonlance books, missing some but will get them. Some of the books are gook, others are dry. The whole series is interesting but changing now that the original characters are all gone time wise. I'd like to know what Paladine now an elf is doing.  

Darth_Magus1

Crowlow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:25 pm
xp never read those but i did pick it up once,,, it was like 15 in. in depth and it was a paper back,,, talk about a load without leverage,,, it made it almost impossible to read, BUT if you say its good i might pick it up and give it a second attempt (says that it is all three books in one)  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:51 pm
dragonlance is the greatest! heart i love the first three best.
so is raistlin raistlin or is he a living host to the true fist. ninja  

blackberrypriestess

Nomad of Nowhere

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:14 pm
I must have read at least half of them. I was a real Dragonlance maven once upon a time... They really shamelessly rip off Lord of the Rings in the first trilogy though.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:52 am
yes and no on the ripping off of LotR. There's always going to be comparsions between any fantasy and LotR. But by the time the events in LotR happen, all the gods are gone while the gods continue their games in Dragonlance. Also questing and mixtures of heroes is always a given...if you had too many warriors and not enough healers, then they could die from the stupidest stuff if they didn't recognize it. There's actually a limited number of books set in Tolkien's world whereas there's over a hundred in Dragonlance which fleshes out that world far more than Tolkien's.  

Darth_Magus1

Tassen Spellbinder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:51 pm
I am a total addict, actually. I've read War of Souls, Legends, Chronicles, and a bunch or other random series I can't remember.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:40 am
no haven't heard of it  

felicity_mills

chellybear10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:57 pm
I read the chronicles and I think Tasslehoff was my favorite character! Raistlin freaked me out sometimes sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:50 pm

I was going to make a new thread but I checked the directory and there was already a DL thread (that hadn't been updated since 2008, lol). Does anyone read DL now?

saya shiver

Devout Seraph

Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas