why gaia why? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

poncho steve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:46 pm
UraniumMonk
It's not going mainstream, it's going tardstream. Guilds are the only places worth posting anymore.
agreed this is the only thing i post in and reply to pms but that is it  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:51 pm
i dont like how strictly people are enforcing the tos they have gone a little crazy over it
i had a friend banned for haveing a bush bash thread
said it was liberal and slander  

poncho steve

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:03 pm
poncho steve
Darken_mortal
You shouldn't just start to hate things because they get mainstream.
im sorry but when people of oure stupidityike some thing it inda ruins it for me

I'm not really sure I know what this means. The sentance is so garbled it looks like a virus took a small chunk out of it. I do have to ask that if you are going to say something please make sure to type it out so that it's readable by all members of the guild and not just crytologists.

Secondly, if I am interpriting it correctly, I'll have to ask you to refrain from insulting other guild members. It's something that can get you banned if it continues.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:14 pm
I havn't been on in like 4 months. Whats been going on here?  

LostxInxLonliness

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:40 pm
I don't think it's changed much at all.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:21 am
Darken_mortal
You shouldn't just start to hate things because they get mainstream.

I'll damn well hate them if they become mainstream. If anyone outside of the internet EVER asked me if I had a Gaia sn(like they do with Myspaces) then I'd have to hurt them.  

2aetH

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:31 am
I don't think gaia is really going mainstream. I think perhaps the admistration has taken a few steps away from their original aim and direction, however gaia is still a low profile site overall.

Most of the people I've known IRL who have a gaian screen name are people I know from anime club. It's not like random people off the street have ever been talking about gaia in front of me and I've chimed in.

I do have to say that I've never heard gaia on the news unlike both myspace and secondlife. I've seen stories or heard them at least mentioned on television. When I hear gaiaonline on the TV, that is when I'll start to worry about our quiant little community having an influx of less than savory people.

Of course I've had many odd little things I've liked go mainstream (The Crocodile Hunter being the best example since I watched it from the begining) and I feel a little defensive when something I love and care about gets tossed to the teeth of the masses and shredded, but I do my best to defend it from the ravages of morons.

To me, it sounds a bit shallow and superficial to give something up simply because more people know about it all of a sudden. Yes, it's nice to feel like you belong to a small select community that only a few people know about, but it's also nice to make new friends too.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:20 pm
poncho steve
does any one else think gaia has gone main stream and is really starting to suck?
does nay one else mis the anime roleplay community it used to be?
not the idiotic rps they have now

Whats wrong with how gaia is now.
I find it keeps more ppl on, with much varite of things to do other then anime role play.

Besides if you want anime role play why complain about whats new and jsut stick with what you like there are quilds and forums for every ones interests.  

Crazy_Vamp666

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:36 pm
Yyyyyeah....

I don't really see the "mainstream" aspect you're talking about.

And why the hell do you care?

If it bugs you so much, leave.

That's all I have to say.

I hate passive complainers.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:57 pm
lurichan
I don't think gaia is really going mainstream. I think perhaps the admistration has taken a few steps away from their original aim and direction, however gaia is still a low profile site overall.

Most of the people I've known IRL who have a gaian screen name are people I know from anime club. It's not like random people off the street have ever been talking about gaia in front of me and I've chimed in.

I do have to say that I've never heard gaia on the news unlike both myspace and secondlife. I've seen stories or heard them at least mentioned on television. When I hear gaiaonline on the TV, that is when I'll start to worry about our quiant little community having an influx of less than savory people.

Of course I've had many odd little things I've liked go mainstream (The Crocodile Hunter being the best example since I watched it from the begining) and I feel a little defensive when something I love and care about gets tossed to the teeth of the masses and shredded, but I do my best to defend it from the ravages of morons.

To me, it sounds a bit shallow and superficial to give something up simply because more people know about it all of a sudden. Yes, it's nice to feel like you belong to a small select community that only a few people know about, but it's also nice to make new friends too.

Gaia was mentioned on a show on the TechTV channel, but i think that is about it.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:06 am
poncho steve
i dont like how strictly people are enforcing the tos they have gone a little crazy over it
i had a friend banned for haveing a bush bash thread
said it was liberal and slander

That's interesting, considering all the Guys Suck / Women Suck threads that have infected the GD. If they give any 'evidence' to support their spittle, it's always from websites set up by bitter people who have done incredibly slanted research. These are hate threads, they're calculated to offend, and yet the mods do nothing about it. They get up to 50 pages, last for months, and are never deleted.

If Bush-bashing is liberal slander, then surely "All Women Are Genetically Programmed To Cheat!" is sexist slander.

And don't get me started on the racist threads. I must have seen "White Power" ten times last month. mad mad mad  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:21 pm
I don't see anything mainstream. I don't know many people who know about gaia on the outside except for my two friends that introduced me to it. If the site gets more people when it isn't really mentioned, it proably has to do with others introducing their friends to it or them finding it by accident.  

Angel Bruja

prettycaca

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:52 pm
Yeah. Its either n00b fools acting stupid or literate bitches that hate everyone. Its much harder to find cool cats.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 pm
gaia is one of the largest forums on the internet. if you want something with less morons, try iichan.  

tablecat

darkrock64

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:25 pm
gaia is going in the dumps lately i mean common the topics in towns, the name of game rooms, the iligal activity in towns and forums the fake i got hacked stories its getting old and they still havent made tat battle arena that they said they would make.
for petes sake i find myself using my warcraft 2 bot to chat on batte.net more often then im online here.
gaia needs to get back on its feet. scream  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces