Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
So, what's your tattoo mean to you? (If you have one.)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EVER LASTING GOB STOPPERS!
  YUMMY!
  AREN'T LIKE THE ONES IN THE MOVIE!!!!
View Results

TheWitchGotRobin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:18 am
I'm doing an essay and I'd like some people to quote. sweatdrop So, just what the title says. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:20 pm
its a picture of a dragon and the symbol of the year of the dragon on top..on my lower back area.

Basically means what it says, I'm born in the year of the dragon...it's one of the things about me that I know can never change. It's something in my life that's concrete and will always be true.  

lilyoftheflames

350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

xSTHMx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:40 pm
I don't have one but when I get one it's going to be of a dragon since I believe that dragons are not as evil as people made tm out to be an are acually kind so it's sppose to rebrasent how people see me  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:50 pm
I don't have any yet, sadly, but I will soon.

I'm getting:

- a side view of a fox on my thigh because it'll mean, "I'll always stand by your side." I always need a friend.

- a white rose on my foot with the vines wrapping around my ankle and foot (bottom cuts off) with the thorns digging in and drawing blood, which is "Every step hurts, but I'll still walk as far as I can." The white rose is supposed to represent anything disguised as innocent and pure.

- the all common angel and demon on shoulders. It doesn't mean the conscience to me like everyone thinks. To me, it's the human race. We're not all pure like angels, and we're not all evil like demons, but inbetween. By the way, they'll be on the back of my shoulders and shoulder blades.

- I want "remember the balance" in a gothic-ish type under my right forearm. Originally, I wanted it in latin, but I don't know latin or anyone who does. I'm still deciding on that. To me, this is very important.

This is all I really want because this is what I believe in. While my religion may or may not change, I doubt these basic thoughts ever will.  

Dirzdra

ceilisidhe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:48 pm
I have the ceilican symbol on my ankle; mercurial, mischievous, and feline. ^*^  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:25 pm
mine is a celtic band with a shieldknot overtop of it. it has to do with my beign proud of my heritage and bloodline.  

DR490N

xX x0mbie Xx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:37 pm
mines comming in a month
it's the triforce because i have been playing the legend of zelda ever since i can hold a controller
and the tbm(the birthday massacre) bunny that one has a dual meaning 1 tbm is one of my all time fav bands and year of the rabbit

then saving up for the mario mushroom(1 up)

yeah as you tell im very much into nintendo it's been there for me for 19 years! heart heart  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:42 pm
well, since i can't get mine until im out of the house and out on my own, this is what i intend to get.

-medium sized faerie wings on my back in all sorts of purples, blacks and silvers if possible because i've always loved faeries, especially when i was little.

-black and white drama masks, on the outside of my left ankle for the thespian within.

-'Die Katze' on the back of my neck, for that would be my nickname.

-the scottish blue and white flag with a set of bagpipes on the outside of my right ankle, for my heritage.

-a small dragon wrapping around my left wrist, to symbolize the struggles i've gone through and going to go through in life.

[ Die Katze ]

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:42 pm
I have two tattoos, one on my shoulder and one on my lower back.

My spiderweb tat (on my right shoulder) was a birthday present from my mum for my 19th birthday.
The tat on my lower back is just an evil looking butterfly with a skull in the wings ('skullerfly' as the tattoo artist named it).

I wouldn't say that they have any specal meaning to me, although I really like skulls and spiderwebs. I just want something fun that I know I like. Nothing too serious.
Why waste your skin on moisturuser when you can have art!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:02 am
I've got three tattoos.
The first one I got was a tribal on my lower back, I had it done from the money I got when I turned eighteen. So it's kinda like from now on My parents can't tell me wat to do.

My second one is a rose on my left shoulder, I got that one from my ex-boyfriend for my birhtday. He's still my best friend so to me it's a sign of our friendship.

And my third one is a heartagram between my shoulderblades. I'm a huge HIM fan and I'm not afraid to show it smile This band just means so mucht to me their music has helped me trough rough times so this is my dedication to them or something  

sweet616

xdemonicallyxyours13x

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:14 pm
the one on the back of my neck is the number 13. it means alot to me because i almost died on the 13th of november 4 years ago, i got stabbed and the piercing underneith it on the nape of my neck represents that....  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:33 am
I don't have any tattoos. However, I have a few brands. In chronological order:

I have an ambigram of my name (Naomi) on my left hip-bone. It was reclamation of my body after years of sexual abuse, and generally feeling no control over my life. This was me taking it back, at the age of fifteen it was also my coming of age. I've never felt the need to self harm since doing this. It was self done.

I have a rememberance star on the top of my left thigh. It's in memory of every person I've lost during my life and acts as a reminder they are all among the stars watching over me. Self done at sixteen.

I have four trigangles set out like a compass rose on my right arm. This is both to hide scars from self harm episodes a long time ago, and to act as a moral compass. Self done at sixteen.

An empty circle is on my left wrist, I did that myself last week. It's to show the way I've seen myself for a long time, a self sufficent unit functioning away from the rest of the world. The difference between inside and outside, as above so below. The circle also shows the continous revolutions of the Universe, and the never-ending cycle of Time itself.

I also have one saying "ego sum" which is latin for "I am" on my shoulder. And "Love is the law" around my right ankle. These were done by a friend who does freelance scarification. They hurt the most, but have the most raised scars.

My brands mean a lot to be becuase of what they symbolise and what they mean to me. Each was made at a pivotal point in my life. Also the scar tissue makes them look like they are a natural part of my body; it's a really good feeling to look at them and remember they way they've changed me. They make me so happy.
Self-branding is not self mutilation. I don't enjoy the pain in the same way. The pain is merely a means to an end.  

Perestroyka

xCapnGx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:37 pm

I have one tattoo. It's on my left side, shoulder blade.

It says "Music" in Chinese.

I got it because I had a really hard time getting through High School and music really helped me out a lot. Without it I might not still be here.

~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games