Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:16 am
what most people actually don't know unless they did their research correctly, emo actually stands for emo-tive hardcore, a type of music that is linked to the whole punk thing that started WAY back (well, way back for me).

So...uh..yeah

Dx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:48 pm
They couldnt have taken more the piss out of emo more if they tried.
I dont know about anyone else but that is by far the funniest thing I have read tonight, its actually quite astonishing about the amount of gullibility there is in todays mainstream news.  

DaniDoom

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:06 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Well, joy of joys, I have discovered yet more bad press (and completely incorrect at that) for the goth and emo subcultures in a scouring of the net for essay research.

Just what we need, more bad press

This comes from the conservative (think republican only British and twice as pompous) newspaper "the Daily Mail", in it the author gets almost every "fact" about goth and emo so wrong it becomes a farce. However, while this may amuse, the fact that some readers of this paper will read this as genuine fact, disturbs me. With things like this circulating around it's no wonder that it is near impossible for anyone with a more than "normal" penchant for black to get a job, being rejected just on appearance alone, because we are being given the title of being chronicly depressive loners. stare

(any one else think that the girl they have in the picture doesn't have nearly enough eye-liner on than she should to be emo?)

yeah it is hard for goths to get a job, and she doesnt have that much eye liner on. I've seen preps wear more makeup, and she's hot. (excuse my rudeness.)  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:23 pm
i read the first few paragraphs of htat article and laughed out loud. how pathetic. the press cant seem to get anything right about subcultures or people in general. its really quite sad.  

DR490N

poncho steve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:04 pm
Lost_In_My_Nightmare
If you want something to REALLY make you all laugh your asses off, go ahead and read this (i laughed so hard milk came out of my nose):
i]http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=125i read this whole tred that you posted it angers poncho steve
he shall now consume their souls
as well as their first borns  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas