Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Trouble with spelling? Firefox 2 BETA is here!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PerfectH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:50 pm
Hi everyone! If you have trouble spelling while you type, then consider downloading the newest version of Firefox, which has a built in spell checker as you type in text fields. It works just like a spell checker on most word processing programs you've used in the past. However, it does not check grammar mistakes. Enjoy!

Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows
- Mac OS X
- Linux i686

Link for download:
Download (List of available Mirrors)  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:59 pm
I'll wait till the final version comes out because this machine is just too damn rickeddy to run a beta on.

It is nice that they're including a spell checker. Hopefully people will actually use it. The current version of Gaim has a spell check plugin, which I love.

Will Firefox 2.0 run on Win98 SE?  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

The Man who was Thursday

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:35 pm
Meh; I have bad experiences with spell checkers. I tend to use nonstandard words, acronyms, names, etc. a fair bit, and it marks all of them as wrong.

:(

Oh well, my spelling ability is nigh flawless.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:32 pm
While we're on the topic of spell checkers, there is an extension for Firefox called "Spellbound" for those of you who don't want to use a beta version. Of course, that might actually be more unstable than the beta version since it's meant for older versions of Firefox and it hasn't been updated for a while.

Does the Firefox 2.0 spell-checker support multiple languagues?  

The MoUsY spell-checker

PerfectH

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:30 am
The MoUsY spell-checker

Does the Firefox 2.0 spell-checker support multiple languagues?

I'm not sure about multiple languages, but as you said you can probably find a plugin that does if it doesn't. I'd like to think it does.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games