Corsets Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:29 pm
Tyshia
I ADORE corsets, but unfortunately my mom thinks they're slutty and not appropriate for this day and age. So I have to settle for corset-esque tops that simply appear to be the real thing. They're tight and have boning, so they give a similar effect as real corsets, but I would much prefer a real one.

My mom got me a corset for Christmas, but she doesn't seem to want me wearing it. She has yet to tell me when it is appropriate to wear. Oh well, I'll wear it whenever I want next year when I'm in college.

And why do people think they're slutty? Because they show you have a shape? Because they lace up and apparently that's slutty? Or because some of them are sleeveless or strapless? I just don't get it. Same reason why I don't get why people think fishnets are slutty. What makes them slutty?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:17 pm
Freedom Fire

And why do people think they're slutty? Because they show you have a shape? Because they lace up and apparently that's slutty? Or because some of them are sleeveless or strapless? I just don't get it. Same reason why I don't get why people think fishnets are slutty. What makes them slutty?

Because, originally, corsets were worn beneath the clothing.

Some people still see them as undergarments - even though many are made to be worn as outergarments now.

User Image

MortSanglant

XAngelFromYourNightmareX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:38 pm
Gloomymort
Dead_Ed
MortSanglant

Example

Gross.

eek There is no way in hell that that woman is able to breathe.

she must have had some ribs removed for that!
or the piccy isnt real....

personaly i love corsets
they make me look thiner and make my boobs look cool!
my mum made one for me and it rocks!
aloth i dont wear it that often anymore
That picture is nasty.
Not only is that person's a** showing but the corset doesn't look right.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:29 am
MortSanglant
Freedom Fire

Some people still see them as undergarments - even though many are made to be worn as outergarments now.

User Image

I used to think that they were still supposed to be undergarments until I realized a lot of people wore them as outergarments, either alone or over something. Still, it's not as though we're walking around in bras or sexy lingere you find at Victoria's Secret. Now a lot of them are practically just really really tight tank tops or tube tops.  

Freedom Fire

Lady Detarra

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:58 am
XAngelFromYourNightmareX
Gloomymort
Dead_Ed
MortSanglant

Example

Gross.

eek There is no way in hell that that woman is able to breathe.

she must have had some ribs removed for that!
or the piccy isnt real....

personaly i love corsets
they make me look thiner and make my boobs look cool!
my mum made one for me and it rocks!
aloth i dont wear it that often anymore
That picture is nasty.
Not only is that person's a** showing but the corset doesn't look right.

Its called Tightlacing. And when done right can look amazing. Example. No you don't have any ribs removed. The corset simply compresses the rib cage and repositions the organs slightly. You don't go from a 36 inch waist down to an 11 inch one in one day. It takes time and slow compression. You can't rush tightlacing or you will get injured. As long as you have a person who knows what they're doing, the right corset, have patience and determination there is no reason to fear this form of body modification. Here is a site dedicated to tightlacing. You can order corsets from here as well. C and S Constructions

What happens to the body when Tightlacing.
User Image
User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:00 pm
Freedom Fire
MortSanglant
Freedom Fire

User Image

I used to think that they were still supposed to be undergarments until I realized a lot of people wore them as outergarments, either alone or over something. Still, it's not as though we're walking around in bras or sexy lingere you find at Victoria's Secret. Now a lot of them are practically just really really tight tank tops or tube tops.

I'm just offering you the stance that people would be most wont to have considering the history of the garment.

The last that you mentioned, however, - tight tank tops - are not corsets.

User Image

MortSanglant

nightwing773

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:01 pm
people think they are slutty because they are often confused with bustiers. and sorry, but bustiers are commonly used in the stuff like playboy adds and stuff, so people think they are slutty.

and if your slips, it's not tight enough. the way it used to be is if you can't breathe, make it tighter. You can't breath, you can't eat, you learn how to sit right and be a lady. been there done that. history freak. have someone help you lace it, a friend or a relative if they will, and tell them to lace it till the joints overlap about a centimeter, and if you got the right size, it definatly won't slip....trust me stressed  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:05 pm
MortSanglant
I'm just offering you the stance that people would be most wont to have considering the history of the garment.

The last that you mentioned, however, - tight tank tops - are not corsets.

User Image

I know, that was a bad simlilie come to think of it. My brain's been on vacation too long sweatdrop . And I wasn't disagreeing with you, just that standpoint.  

Freedom Fire

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces