Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Recent Translated Manga Discussion - For those who have read the newest translations!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GWAH!
  *TRIPS DRAMATICALLY*
  *BEING STRANGLED*
  *STRANGLING THE INFIDELS*
  *Gaining... pleasure... from pain?*
  *DIEZ?*
  *BIRD!*
View Results

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:50 am
I only read this in Japanese... so I only vaguely understand...

Asuma was royally ******** up. I mean, he AT LEAST lost conciousness if he did not immediately die. Kurenai senses a bad omen... so maybe she is the wife/lover of Asuma... could Konohamaru be their child?

Shikamaru starts the waterworks. I never knew he'd get so upset over... that... gonk Now more fangirls will pour on how damn emotional he is, etc etc... SHUT UP OR I'LL FORK YOU. I was really emotional while reading this chapter, though. Asuma... looks gone. gonk And I was afraid Shikamaru's panic would kill them all... but as predicted, they were saved.

So anyways, Shikamaru calls Hidan a b*****d or something... and then Kakuzu throws one of his allies at him... then their allies arrive. The flock of crows scared the s**t out of me. I thought it was Itachi. But it was that guy with the scar on his face... Chouji and Ino also arrive... and that one guy with the goggles... (I really need to learn more of the other character names)

This is where I get confused. Shikamaru listens for Asuma's pulse, though a thick vest, sweater, and likely another layer of clothing. Anyways, he's shocked. I can't tell is Asuma if dead or alive. He seems to have stopped crying, but my translation got lost in his desperate babble.

Kakuzu and Hidan appear as though they want to fight more. A new Akatsuki member is mumbling in the distance about something... Shikalee needs a HUG!! THEY'RE STILL DOOMED!! And Asuma is dead, or dying..!! crying

UPDATE!

Asuma is alive. Shikamaru told Ino and Chouji to take him to Konoha for treatment, but the Akatsuki inturrupted him. That other member was not just mumbling; he was telepathically telling them to retreat; that they need to be present for something their doing to a demon...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:29 am
yeah i think it was Akatsuki's leader telling Hidan and the other guy to retreat...i hope we find out his identity soon  

Nephite Warrior

Newbie Noob

3,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:45 am
Nephite Warrior
yeah i think it was Akatsuki's leader telling Hidan and the other guy to retreat...i hope we find out his identity soon
He's got good lips. [/random] xd

I hope they retreat! And for ******** sake; Ino has her chance to fight, yet she doesn't!! I want to see her new techniques! And Shikamaru mentioned medical ninjutsu... maybe she trained like Sakura did?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:50 am
And Hidan is so gross! He said, "This feels so... good..." gonk exclaim I KNEW HE WAS A MASOCHIST!  

Syndactyly

Disgruntled Minion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:25 pm
I was so upset when I thought he died and my friend is freaking out because I dropped a hint of what happened to her. But I also want to know who the leader is. domokun  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:16 pm
Breaststroker24
I was so upset when I thought he died and my friend is freaking out because I dropped a hint of what happened to her. But I also want to know who the leader is. domokun
He could die any second... gonk

I still disapprove of the head to vest action. There is no way he could hear through that.

User Image  

Syndactyly

Mr._Stabby

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:19 pm
Super special vest ninja technology mabye?

And also judging by the end of the chapter it appears that they might reveal the Akatsuki leader next chapter. Which would be cool.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:06 pm
Mr._Stabby
Super special vest ninja technology mabye?

And also judging by the end of the chapter it appears that they might reveal the Akatsuki leader next chapter. Which would be cool.
NO! SHIKAMARU IS A BAT! He uses... SOUND. To... SEE? *killed it*

Okays.

YEAH! He's got a purdy mouth. I want to see his face.  

Syndactyly

Classic Black Sheep

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:39 pm
What is the leader on!? It's like....yeah. xp  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:56 pm
Shikalee
Nephite Warrior

I hope they retreat! And for ******** sake; Ino has her chance to fight, yet she doesn't!! I want to see her new techniques! And Shikamaru mentioned medical ninjutsu... maybe she trained like Sakura did?

I can't believe they would make Ino a medical ninja.....that totally ruins the fact that Sakura was finally better than Ino...  

Nephite Warrior

Newbie Noob

3,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:57 pm
Nephite Warrior
Shikalee
Nephite Warrior

I can't believe they would make Ino a medical ninja.....that totally ruins the fact that Sakura was finally better than Ino...
Ino stalks Sakura. She's totally obsessed with her... gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:38 am
Shikalee
Nephite Warrior
Shikalee
Nephite Warrior

Well if you can recall earlier in the first part of the series. It was required that there be at least one medical ninja in the group of three. This was something Tsunade enforce since during that time they were basically fighting other shinobi's. So yea, i'm not all surprise if ino did learn to be a medical ninja, but i'd be shocked if Ino had super strength cuz that would mean she would have been taught by tsunade, since that's how Sakura got hers.  

aznnam3dj1n

sk8intree

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:54 pm
the leader is.................. gato! hahaha  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:39 pm
aznnam3dj1n
Shikalee
Nephite Warrior
Shikalee
Nephite Warrior

Well if you can recall earlier in the first part of the series. It was required that there be at least one medical ninja in the group of three. This was something Tsunade enforce since during that time they were basically fighting other shinobi's. So yea, i'm not all surprise if ino did learn to be a medical ninja, but i'd be shocked if Ino had super strength cuz that would mean she would have been taught by tsunade, since that's how Sakura got hers.

it wasnt required.....its just something that tsunade thought should be required...  

Nephite Warrior

Newbie Noob

3,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:21 pm
aznnam3dj1n
Shikalee
Nephite Warrior
Shikalee
Nephite Warrior

Wrong. Tsunade insisted it, but since Konoha isn't quite a dictaorship, Tsunade cannot just make that decision on a whim. Konoha has a counsel; those of which disagree with the concept. Medical ninja are useful, but weak, and should be more of a 5 to 1 ratio rather than a 2 to 1. Medical ninja need to be complete protected in order to be of any use.

Medical ninjutsu is common amongst all ninja who can perform and any sort of medical care. It seems much more likely to me that Shikamaru would be more able to help Asuma, knowing his dad writes those books... and they are all over Shikamaru's room. I guess they're just lying there to make mess, but maybe he read some of them. Ino is always trying to earn up to Sakura. She feels like she surpassed her, where, in reality, they're all the same...

Medical nin are supposed to have super strength to blast an enemy down long enough to heal their allies. Ino is not built to be a medical nin, so I seriously doubt it. What I believe are most likely are of two possibilities:

1. Shikamaru requested basic medical ninjutsu that she may have picked up simply by being a ninja or
2. My translation was wrong, and that he said something about a medic, and I merely was confused in the reading...

He talks kind of funny...

And no; all medical ninja need to be extremely strong, or very protected. Not only those under Tsunade train extreme taijutsu. They are like priests; they either need extreme protection or extreme physical strength...  
Recent Translated Manga Discussion - For those who have read the newest translations!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games