Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Australian Guild
What should I do?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your opinions. Sorry no poll whore option. Also read the post please.
  Stick it out just for the money.
  Line up another job then quit
  Quit without another job
  Take them to court
View Results

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:38 pm
Ok I have a boss who is an absolute b***h. Big time. I hate my job, I've hated it ever since I started working there.

I had a bad slip near the end of my last shift and landed on my shoulder. I got told to go to the doctors and get it checked out. I do that and go back to work with a medical certificate saying I can't work and i have to be put on light duties til the end of the month.

My boss the b***h that she is thinks that I was running when I was just quickening my pace to get back to my work station when I slipped. I think my foot was on the drain cover when it happened and that cover moves. Its not secured or anything so it makes it dangerous for people working there. She reckons I'm trying to get out of production when it was an accident that was probably waiting to happen.

And here is the pinch. She has basicly given me 24 hours to decide whether or not I want to continue working there. If I have another job lined up then no I don't want to work there anymore. If I don't have another job lined up, I still don't want to work there but I would stick around just for the money alone.

Anyways my question is thus. Should I quit my job without lining up another job? Or should I stick it out for a little while longer? Or should I find another job and quit on the spot?

Any reply is welcome. emo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:59 pm
Quit and get a new job, that's what i reckon. The boss sounds awful to work for....and the work conditions from how you describe it don't sound good either.  

Shail Stonrend

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:36 am
Sue them for unfair dismissal  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:44 am
I haven't been dismissed. Not yet anyways. stare

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

Shail Stonrend

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:30 am
well hang in aslong as you can and then get them, if its worth it too you. It can be tedious  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:38 am
Lay workcover down on their arse.

Report them then quit.  

EmWah
Crew

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:44 am
EmWah
Lay workcover down on their arse.

Report them then quit.

3nodding

But if you don't, I wouldn't recomend just quitting untill you have a second job lined up. That is of course, if youm need a job to kind of live.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:47 pm
I say quit,
unless you are in an area with really high unemployment then you will get a new job soon enough, and the sooner you get a new job the sooner you don't have to work there.
What difference does one month on unemployent make in ninety years of life?

legally they can't do what they just did, but unfortunatly there is practly no way you can inforce that. Australia is still in turmoil since the new workplace agreements came in.

And deffinatly go to the doctor to have him look at your injury, write down and date your account of what happened, and if possible take a photo of the drain where you sliped. You might be able to get the courts to defend your rights eventually but you need evedence and that won't stop them from screwing you around in the short term.

*eddited to add the obvious*
if you need your next pay to pay your rent, then obviously don't leave.
centerlink takes two or three weeks to get set up, and I think I heard once the average length for unemployment is a month and a bit.  

I be me

scruffy012

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:18 am
are you still financially stable without the job, then yes ild leave the job without lining another up, if not, line one up then leave your current job

and i agree with emma, report them to workcover  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:23 pm
Let them fire you and sue.  

Ozumou

S P a M

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:25 am
*nods* isnt there that new thing.. ahh i can't remember.. something about.. work. and the new laws.. maybe thats just in melbourne.. but they should give you a week. not 24 hours, perhaps you should put in an incident form to the head um.. person.. like senior mangaement, someone better than her. or bring the law! bwhahaha maybe.. you can use the camera's and show its unfair dismisal.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:24 am
the truth of life is you need to do what's best for yourself, physical, mental and financial well being. quitting your job with out back up would be stupid unless you live with a partner who earns enough to easily support you both. If you work place is a danger hazard and you are being blamed for an accident you didn't cause but were the victim of then by all means complain, COMPLAIN!!! XP. But if you have another job lined up, i say take it and don't look back.
I really wanna know how this turns out. comment on here or pm me, i really wanna know XD. best of luck with whatever you decide though.

Aaila le stick

Daisy Mai - 128K

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:27 pm
I suggest you don't get the courts involved. Its more money and time wasted. That's our justice system for you. Just quit and go find another job which pays well and your boss isn't a complete AHOLE.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:57 pm
Funny enough, I'm in my boss's good books now and she just gave me a pay rise. rolleyes Go figure.

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

The Official Australian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces