Myth
  Somewhat a myth. Somewhat a fact.
  Fact and creation is a fact too!
  I only believe in mutation..
  Other
View Results

priestess1.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:35 am
surprised Do you believe that evolution is real or do you find it just a myth?

I use to believe in evolution, but after finding a strong weak point in evolution. I don't believe in evolution so much.. atleast not in the way scientists say it works. It is said that the species slowly adjust to the climax around them and then slowly over time it becomes a new specie. If this is true, then there would be an abundant amount of fossils showing the transmission between two species (like tiger to domestic cat or something.) Archaeologist admit that there aren't any fossils that show the transmission between any species..

surprised I believe now that evolution doesn't really have much affect on the bones which is why you can't really find any fossils that show any transmission. Perhaps it has some affect on the size, but not really the shape. Perhaps evolution doesn't give much of a dramatic change as scientists say it does. Perhaps it only affects the species a little bit, but not enough to make it a completely different specie. Perhaps instead of evolution having a slow process, maybe it has more of a dramatic process... I don't agree with the last few things I said... I'm recalculating my thoughts.. I just looked up stuff on the defense of evolution and yeah... Perhaps you guys can make me believe in the way evolution originally works or maybe not.. We'll see...

I believe that creation and evolution kinda work together. I think in the beginning, creation was just there to start the whole thing on life and evolution's there to improve it... That's what I believe, but we're not here to really discuss on creation. This is really more on how evolution works and if it's a myth or not..  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:20 pm
This is the only western country where the whole Evolution thing is in dispute.  

Phaeton

chessiejo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:42 am
Evolution has become a sacred cow which cannot be questioned.

anybody who tries to do so is ridiculed, and if they are in academics they'd better hope they already have tenure or they will never get it.

Loren Eisely, a naturalist, supported the idea that gradual evolution was punctuated by periodic burts of mutation, whether from sudden weather change, radiation, virus or some other external intervening source.

at the time he was writing it was acceptable to offer such variations on the theme of evolution and still be accepted as part of the scientific club..

not today.

if you don't buy into pure gradualism, you are labelled a redneck fundy creationist.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:06 pm
chessiejo
Evolution has become a sacred cow which cannot be questioned.

anybody who tries to do so is ridiculed, and if they are in academics they'd better hope they already have tenure or they will never get it.

Loren Eisely, a naturalist, supported the idea that gradual evolution was punctuated by periodic burts of mutation, whether from sudden weather change, radiation, virus or some other external intervening source.

at the time he was writing it was acceptable to offer such variations on the theme of evolution and still be accepted as part of the scientific club..

not today.

if you don't buy into pure gradualism, you are labelled a redneck fundy creationist.
surprised I wouldn't say that! I'm just questioning some of the weak points. I'm actually going back to believing in the original idea of evolution after doing some research.  

priestess1.

Atsushi Kemi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:41 pm
it is what it is.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:05 pm
idk.. i hope im not from a monkey eek  

Deroux

4,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

cutebunny3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:57 am
I can't figure out how scientists could just say that there was this period and all this stuff happend before any humans were even on earth! I don't get that!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:50 pm
I'm on the grounds for evolution personally, but I actually came to say that they kin do fhave a middle ground for creation and evolution already. It's called intelligent design and it sort of states that evolution was sparked by a higher being. Just something to look into if your interested.  

Die_Katze

Calliope Solipsism

Wheezing Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:02 pm
Just look at a Great Dane and a Chihuahua. There's your proof of transition. They can still mate, they had a common ancestor, but they're different. Very different. Is it so hard to believe that, one day, they could become so different that they could no longer successfully mate, and, thus, be labeled two different species?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:58 pm
Evolution, as least one understanding has been pretty much disproved.
DNA is essentially a binary code, which does not allow for such self-alterations that Evolution suggests.

Evolution through mutation is a possibility though, although personally I believe in a sort of "guided evolution", not that we were created by a higher power spontaneously, but over a period of time.  

Elektro7

Devout Poster

8,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Literate Hell

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items