WEAPONS?
  YES
  NO
  WEAPONS SUCK MAN
  IT DOESN'T MADER TO ME REALLY
View Results

crusnik 09

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:31 am
weapons are okay i use an item when the situation is dire unless your talkiing about using strong items like starman and the pokeball.
some healing items to keep your character alive
the beam sword is my favorite though
when im marth i use the bunny hood since he swings the sword with extreme speed
hammer is kind of cheap though it can easily get you a ko
metal box is okay just keeps your from getting back in the ring when knocked to the side of the screen
motion sensor bombs rules since even level 9 computers blow up on them  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:52 pm
I personally do not use items, since they are turned off professionally. But if you play strictly for fun, then items are fine. If you hope to some day play in a tournament, don't use items. You'll be struggling when you realize that there is no star power or bomb-ombs (or is it bob-ombs?).

Either way is spelled correctly, I think. I think they've changed the name a couple times, so you're safe. xd

Quoting for Truth. Everything he said is true.

The only reason to have items on is to practice catching (so when you're fighting Peach players, you can catch her turnips).  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

last angel served

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:23 am
yes  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:38 pm
Lol weapons can be fun but I don't normally use weapons in matches.  

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200

pyroka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:05 pm
I play with the items on to add a twist to the game, an unexpected surprise but in the event of a grudge match we play with items off just to take out any explosions happened that are completely unbelievable  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:43 pm
Man, I was surprised to find out how many people took it almost personally that we kept all items on when we would hold tournaments (I work in a public library, fyi). I can see their points, that items give random advantages to people who happen to be in the right spot at the right time, and can be unfair. However I think that adds to the skill level needed. A skillful player, like a skillful swordsman, needs to be aware of and take advantage of the surrounding environment. Items just add to that, adding another layer of attention that needs to be paid.

Then again, I'm personally partial to unorthodox use of items. I love the surprise on an opponent's face when you defeat an opponent by throwing the homerun bat at them rather than smashing them out with it. twisted  

ForRisu

Techniques

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces