Telling Ghost Stories

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:20 pm
I know that when I was younger I would read ghost stories and it was a favorite past time of slumber parties to read or tell ghost stories and try to freak eachother out.

My favorite one of all time was when I was sleeping over at a friends house and reading out of one of those Scary Stories books. It was a story about a farmer and his wife.
Basic Summery: He killed her and burried her, and her ghost was hauting him, and saying "whose going to sleep with me on these cold and lonely nights?" At the very end of the story it instructs the reader to grab someone and say "YOU ARE!!!" really loudly, so I grabbed my friends mom on the ankle and she sat straight up freaked out. rofl

Anyone else have some good stories or memories of telling ghost stories?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:06 am
My mum never told us ghost stories when we were kids so I can't really think of any I heard as a kid.

The only one that I can think of off the top of my head is that killer-is-calling-from-inside-the-house one.

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

chick_with_a_chainsaw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:23 am
lol me and my friends made up all these ghost stories about the area around the riding school to scare the camp kids we have come up with so many that are so far fetched but the kids always believe them.

one is basically the firstthing you tell them is how the clysdale horses (big stocky horses) worked in the quarry and one day one of the horses lost his shoe and couldnt work so they tied him at one end of the quarry. so yer one day there was a fire and all but the horse got out ok but the horse died. (how far fetched). so then we told them how me and another rider were riding back to the farm one day and it was nearly dark and raining and treally misty. our horses were being really nervy then we heard gallopoing hooves and saw a grey shape gallop up the hill. then i noticed a glowing horse shoe in the path so i gave my horse to my friend and went toi have a look. so i could pick it up and take 2 steps before it fell threw my hands and was back to were it was before. that freaked us out so we got back on and galloped home but didnt tell anybody about it.

it freaked the kids out even after we told them it wasnt true. 2 of them wouldnt sleep unless we gabve them a teddy bear.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:23 am
Ah, I still have those Scary Stories books.
I remember the Farmer one...

Hrm. I made mine up off the top of my head, and for some reason always grossed people out, and then made them feel some fear when we went to bed.
The consisted of the day time, early early morning just before sun up. Usually a man was going back home after a long game of poker, when something came out of nowhere and led him on a the most wildest game of his life.

Where he only wakes back up, in his own room, as the sun is coming up.
I always used the local layout of the area and the weather, and sometimes local stories, to mesh with mine and improve it.  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

BlairyFairy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:45 am
I loved ghost storys!
I still do.
But all of my friends decided to end that tradition at sleepovers long ago.
It's sad.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:08 pm
I love a good ghost story. I'm always on the lookout for them.  

AngelusSilenti

nerdlover08

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:49 pm
Anyone know where I can find a really good one?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:51 pm
AngelusSilenti
I love a good ghost story. I'm always on the lookout for them.
same.  

Love.Your.Hate.

Sakurafleming

Generous Giver

14,975 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:15 am
me 2  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:01 am
the ones i know dont end well