Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Recent Translated Manga Discussion - For those who have read the newest translations!
No.328:第十班 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:50 pm
aznnam3dj1n
mmm, just how that chapter went I'm definitely sure he died....I didn't want him to die, but that's that. At the end it was raining and Shikamaru lit a smoke and said that it makes him teary in the eyes, plus with an add of flashback and then he said, "I want have one last smoke before i go" so yea, really a touching chapter.
The good thing that came from this is that Shikamaru just took his training wheels off. Now he can really start to grow. Shikamaru was probably... desperate. And that is why he needed that sensory memory of the smoke...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:34 pm
Shikalee
aznnam3dj1n
mmm, just how that chapter went I'm definitely sure he died....I didn't want him to die, but that's that. At the end it was raining and Shikamaru lit a smoke and said that it makes him teary in the eyes, plus with an add of flashback and then he said, "I want have one last smoke before i go" so yea, really a touching chapter.
The good thing that came from this is that Shikamaru just took his training wheels off. Now he can really start to grow. Shikamaru was probably... desperate. And that is why he needed that sensory memory of the smoke...

Yea, true. He can now be better for Asuma, everything won't be as "troublesome" for him anymore.  

aznnam3dj1n

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:50 am
aznnam3dj1n
Shikalee
aznnam3dj1n

Yea, true. He can now be better for Asuma, everything won't be as "troublesome" for him anymore.
I don't know about that. Shikamaru is pretty immature. That word is his safetly blanket... I imagine it's going to take more than a death of a sensei to get that word out of his mouth. Maybe of someone he loves. Though, he did love Asuma like family.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:08 pm
Shikalee
aznnam3dj1n
Shikalee
aznnam3dj1n

I don't know about that. Shikamaru is pretty immature. That word is his safetly blanket... I imagine it's going to take more than a death of a sensei to get that word out of his mouth. Maybe of someone he loves. Though, he did love Asuma like family.

That's true as well.  

aznnam3dj1n

Mr._Stabby

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:35 pm
I just realized something. Asuma told Ino not to lose to Sakura in love. Does that mean she still like Sasuke? Cause if she does even after all that has happened....ugg.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:28 pm
Mr._Stabby
I just realized something. Asuma told Ino not to lose to Sakura in love. Does that mean she still like Sasuke? Cause if she does even after all that has happened....ugg.
Maybe. He also said not to lose to her in Ninjutsu. Maybe he was... well, in the Japanese he says, "Sore kara... Sakura ni ha(wa?) makennayo... ninjutsu mo koi mona..." I don't see him mention love in there... Love was always, "ai" or "seki" but... maybe I'm wrong. XD

Either way... He just says... don't let yourself get down; beat your rival in ninjutsu (and love)! xd

If she did, I would hate her. GOD, SHE'S WITH SHIKAMARU AND CHOUJI EVERYDAY. They're probably the best out of the lot of them except Naruto... (In my opinion. Well, Chouji grosses me out. But he has a good heart!)  

Syndactyly

Zenofex

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:49 pm
Shikalee
Zenofex
....i can't believe asuma's dead....it's just not right......and btw...kidoumaru didn't have the whole death speech...it was neji who was supposed to die....but i wonder who the King is...probably naruto.....or the burning fire of Konoha...but yes....i would've done the same as shikamaru...
Why? neutral

What Shikamaru did was very unusual. I would have never expected it from him.
how was it unusual...shikamaru has honor/respect...he and asuma were...."tight"....i didn't find it unusual  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:37 am
Zenofex
Shikalee
Zenofex
....i can't believe asuma's dead....it's just not right......and btw...kidoumaru didn't have the whole death speech...it was neji who was supposed to die....but i wonder who the King is...probably naruto.....or the burning fire of Konoha...but yes....i would've done the same as shikamaru...
Why? neutral

What Shikamaru did was very unusual. I would have never expected it from him.
how was it unusual...shikamaru has honor/respect...he and asuma were...."tight"....i didn't find it unusual
Like I said, smoke is on the list of things he loathes.

It's also pretty unusual to have such an emotional breakdown. Ino and Chouji reacted normally. Shikamaru had this weird drama. Maybe I would've done the same thing... But I also have anxiety problems. I just don't see what he did as normal.

For you to go, "OOH! I'D DO THAT" is weird to me. Because not many people are weird. Like Shikamaru. I have determined that he may (MAY, as in IT IS LIKELY...) have allergies. So he's totally ******** up his sinuses for days probably... Not many people are like him; most people would be crying too much to stand. Most people would be pulling on Asuma's vest bawling. Most people would lay on the ground, at a loss of themselves. For Shikamaru to take such action is strange; especially when it is an unhealthy action.

And it isn't even the type of unhealthy we're all used to. Usually when someone decides to hurt themselves, they do it TO hurt themselves, such as cutting or OD. Shikamaru WASN'T self injuring. He was bringing in sensory recall of the day they met. I hate to be judgemental, but I'm pretty sure you don't know what a student-sensei relationship feels like. It's far stronger than any friend.  

Syndactyly

Mr._Stabby

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:11 pm
Shikalee
Mr._Stabby
Maybe. He also said not to lose to her in Ninjutsu. Maybe he was... well, in the Japanese he says, "Sore kara... Sakura ni ha(wa?) makennayo... ninjutsu mo koi mona..." I don't see him mention love in there... Love was always, "ai" or "seki" but... maybe I'm wrong. XD

Either way... He just says... don't let yourself get down; beat your rival in ninjutsu (and love)! xd

If she did, I would hate her. GOD, SHE'S WITH SHIKAMARU AND CHOUJI EVERYDAY. They're probably the best out of the lot of them except Naruto... (In my opinion. Well, Chouji grosses me out. But he has a good heart!)

I could be wrong, since mine was a rough translation. Though he didnt say it in the same line as with the ninjitsu, it had that whet to a different panel and have him say his love thing.

And I think she might start to get a thing with Sai. Even if hedidnt really mean that compliment so he wouldnt get hurt, I don't think Ino knew that.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:12 pm
aznnam3dj1n
Shikalee
aznnam3dj1n
Shikalee
aznnam3dj1n

That's true as well.

even tho he sees most stuff as 'troublesome', he still does the things....it doesnt stop him from taking charge and doing his duties...  

Nephite Warrior

Newbie Noob

3,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:07 pm
Mr._Stabby
Shikalee
Mr._Stabby

I could be wrong, since mine was a rough translation. Though he didnt say it in the same line as with the ninjitsu, it had that whet to a different panel and have him say his love thing.

And I think she might start to get a thing with Sai. Even if hedidnt really mean that compliment so he wouldnt get hurt, I don't think Ino knew that.
Okay, let me see. Everything he says directly to Ino (sorry if I haven't broken it up correctly, I'm still pretty new with Japanese).

Asuma: Ino...
Ino: ...hai...
Asuma: omae wa ki ga tsuyo i ga... mendou mi no iiko da... Chouji mo Shikamaru mo... koitsu ra bukyou dakara na... tano mu...
Ino: ...hai...
Asuma: sore kara... Sakura ni ha(or wa... not sure) makennayo... ninjutsu mo koi mo na...
Ino: hai! ......
Asuma: Chouji... (he moves on from there)

I know my Japanese isn't the best. So I didn't see love in there at first. But now I see it. "koi."

The word koi can mean a lot of things, I've noticed, and it's meaning changes in context. I also made a note that he says, "mo koi" and from my little experience, mo has seemed to take the place of and a lot of the time...

In conclusion, I am certain that Asuma meant in general. Because Sasuke isn't a wise candidate for anyone.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:10 pm
Nephite Warrior
aznnam3dj1n
Shikalee
aznnam3dj1n
Shikalee
aznnam3dj1n

That's true as well.

even tho he sees most stuff as 'troublesome', he still does the things....it doesnt stop him from taking charge and doing his duties...
Shikamaru kissup. mad

He only does what he must. He only says something is troublesome if he really hates it. First off, he hasn't said it for a while. Last time he said it, I believe, he was talking about Ino. She was yelling in his ear. I only vaguely remember. Before he would reluctantly do things. But now he isn't so hypocritcal.

Example; Kakashi tells Sakura, Shikamaru, and Naruto to head out because of all the chaos with sand (don't correct me to death, I'm re reading this section this weekend). Shikamaru says, "How troublesome, why me." But he does it anyway. That was also three years ago. He's changed at least a little since then. Though he uses it less often now, it is STILL his safety blanket.

And it's not most things. It's things he loathes. That just happens to be quite a few things.  

Syndactyly

sk8intree

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:51 pm
Kuroi Ryuuka
Aww. *Hugs* Poor Shikamaru, now he's gonna die of cancer. D:

Leave it to Kishimoto, no one dies without a deathbedconfession/longassspeech. xD
what about the uchihas?  
Recent Translated Manga Discussion - For those who have read the newest translations!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games