View Results

Kosova4Life

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:05 pm
I filled out the survey & PMed it to you biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:08 pm
StarryDynamo
MortSanglant
choklit_teddi

The bible was also written by men. Therefore none of its actual words could be put exactly to lay down the law.
Also, If you were re-writing the bible, would you not put some of your own beleifs into it?
Even if not, the bible has been translated hundreds of times and therefore every word could not be considered correct.

Read the Bible, and look at it as a whole.

There are no contradictions.

Plus, he wasn't quoting to justify applying it to law. He was quoting to show that homosexuality is, in fact, condemned in the Bible.

But that's irrelevent to the matter of whether gay marriage should be legal or not.

zz1000zz
In response, let me say this. The Bible cannot be shown to conclusively condemn homosexuality. As such, it is at best irresponsible to condemn homosexuality by use of the Bible.

She brought up that the Bible does not conedemn homosexuality.

He was merely retorting that statement.

MortSanglant

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:30 pm
This country is not ruled by the bible or of any religous belife. The constitution was written on the idea of religous freedom unlimeted from goverment control.
Thus gay marrage can be legal, but the church does not have to perform or endorse the ceramony.

It will have to be the job of the coupal to find a church or minister of the state to perform the riutal of marrage.

Homosexuality is only a sin in certain belive systems, To deny gays the right to marry bases on the bible, denys them the consitutional right to freedom of religion.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:07 pm
Kitsune-Yokai
I am writing a report with the topic, "Should gay marriage be legalized?" I have plenty of information from the internet, but I want information from several different people. So, I made a survey which can be found here. I greatly appreciate your cooporation (spell check?).

Yes though I do try to keep it secret, if you love someone then it shouldnt matter thats my opion.  

Hunter of the Dammed

Kosova4Life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:06 pm
slipknot_afi_freakazoid
in one of my christian guilds, we talked about it. someone said that as long as they don't ********, it's ok to be married.

rofl rofl rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:48 pm
i took the survey.
and wiccan is pagan
but very in depth otherwise  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2