Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Christmas Presents ~ Its never too early! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Presents.
  Mostly bought
  Mostly made
  half and half
  Made for the special people only
View Results

Trekkette

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:45 pm
Mikono
canadian_trekkie

I wanna be your daughter...
Most of the gifts I give are dollar store things fancied up. I may sew some stuff for my friends. There was some AMAZING dragon print silky stuff on sale at Fabricland and I was going to get some and make stuff out of it for my friends.
Of course, the only craft I can do is sewing (I REALLY wanna learn to knit...)so I run out of ideas quickly.

I sew too. 3nodding Heres some of my suggestions, if you'd like to sew for people's presents.

I don't know about where you live, but here blankets are always popular. I mean, while it doesn't get as cold as some of you guys say cold is (in fact, i'll be complaining about the cold, and you'll tell me my cold is your warm), but for those of us born and raised here, its freezing. blaugh I can pull out a blanket super fast.

Simple purses, tote bags, things like that, are surprisingly easy if you have a good pattern. I suggest simplicity, and go for the ones that look, well, simple. Girls love them, esspecially if you match the fabric to them.

One of my easiest and cheapest gifts ever was the year i made some of my friends patches for their backpacks. I simply took a base fabric, cut out the designs from other fabrics, fray-checked the edges of the cut out fabric, and either sewed or unique-stitched, or sometimes both for added stability, the designs to the base fabric. They were a huge hit, people loved their incredably unique patches. (once again, these were mostly girls, who liked the little bunny i made them and put it on their backpack as soon as they got home)

The hardest part of each of the presents is figuring out what to do for them. 3nodding

That kinda thing's good for girly girls, but most of my friends aren't. Plus I have friends who are guys... they'll probably get cookies, I like baking...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:38 am
canadian_trekkie

That kinda thing's good for girly girls, but most of my friends aren't. Plus I have friends who are guys... they'll probably get cookies, I like baking...

True.... though it depends on the boys. I made some of one older guy friends blankets - to keep in his cars. i matched the colors of the fabric to the inside of the car, and made them little bags they slip into to stay clean. He loves them, saying that they are so useful for things like picnics, impromtu late night gatherings, things like that.

But yeah, sewing for guys is almost always harder. Baking, cooking, and other edible things always work though. mrgreen My friend, who's brother is away at college, made him frozen foods - individual servings of different things, some cookies, and other things which wouldn't go bad before he finished eating them.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Volatile Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:25 am
Jewelry for my mother and three or four friends.
A portrait for my uncle and my aunt.
And everyone else got store-bought items.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff