Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Competition time! - best christmas tutorial.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:07 pm
The competition is on!

During the month of december there is to be a competition for the best holiday season crafted item and tutorial. Crafted items can be anything you make yourself but they must be dedicated to the theme of christmas, hannakuh, yule or whatever you celibrate this time of year.
Submitions do need to be THEMED on the christmas time celebrations

The question of orrigionality has arrisn. This is an entirely grey area.
Obviously traditional items will already have instructions on how to make them, so you can follow these instructions. But you MUST make tutorials that entirely your own text with entirely your own pictures and list the place you got your information from.
Non-traditional ideas that are the brian child of someone else shouldn't be entered.
I guess if I had to put a yard stick anywhere I would say that if the person who thaught of the idea that you are posting is dead, then its ok, but if he is alive then its stealing. Odd ruling to make but it makes sence in my brain.

Judging
Judging will be done by all guild members during the first week of December. Voting will be done by posting the words "vote 1" to give it one point or "vote 2" or "vote 3" to give it two or three points. The entry that gets the most points will be the winner.
Only votes cast in the first week of december will be counted. You can only vote for three different entries, and you must give them all diferent point values.
Entries should be judged both on the quality of the item, and the quality of the tutorial.
As judging will be done by the guild as a whole and not by the crew, any member of the crew may enter the competition.

The submitions
To submit, simply make a new tutorial in the tutorials subforum with the words "christmas competition" in the title before midnight November 30th.

The Prizes!
first place prize will be both a december and november donation letter plus 10,000
two secound place prizes of either a november or december donation letter plus 5,000 gold

Merry Christmas!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:08 pm
How themed is themed? Do they have to be directly holiday-related, or just something you'd like to have that time of year?  

Zahra Ovaci

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:20 am
I want it to be a christmas related item, not just what you want santa to bring you for christmas.
why not pm me with your idea and I can say specifically if it is within the spirit of the competition.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:30 pm
Is there any length limit? I've been writing away at my tutorial and just realised that it is 11 pages without photos! thats over 4,00 words, will anyone read it? Theres just so much to explain as its a complicated thing with many steps.  

Kathelyne

Maer^ier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:46 am
Kathelyne
Is there any length limit? I've been writing away at my tutorial and just realised that it is 11 pages without photos! thats over 4,00 words, will anyone read it? Theres just so much to explain as its a complicated thing with many steps.
If it's a good project, I'd do it!

I'm working on a knitted elf costume... Does that qualify?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:55 pm
Kathelyne
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Is it all for one item or one project? Like, if it were for an outfit, maybe break it down into shirt, pants, hat, whatever instead of doing all in one?

firrantello

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:42 am
I just eddited the post so it highlights the fact that entries need to be themed. I have been confusing a few people.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:44 am
Kathelyne
no length limit.
long tutorials could just mean that it is thorough, and people will read through it if they are interested in makeing the item, just put in photos for those people who want to skim through the tutorial.  

I be me
Vice Captain

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:47 am
I was replying to this thread and then I thaugt "but isn't the first of december the date you have to move out of the house because the owner sold it".
it was at this point my brain cracked.
I may be seeking help to supervise the first few days of the comptition.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:04 pm
I be me
I was replying to this thread and then I thaugt "but isn't the first of december the date you have to move out of the house because the owner sold it".
it was at this point my brain cracked.
I may be seeking help to supervise the first few days of the comptition.
you can give yourself a week or two as well 3nodding i dont think anyone will hold it against you  

gemini6184

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:13 am
mumma got a house and we is moving on tuesday
but that still leaves the problem of I want a share accom place of my own, and what if the place I move inot doesn't have internet. That would suck. I have lived without internet for quite a while before and I know enough to know that I don't like it. Especially since so many of my friends live so far away and internet is like the only way I can keep in regular contact with them.  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games