Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trite~Elegy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:19 am
you know you want to wink

hey...wait...PUT DOWN THAT DIRT! THATS NOT WHAT I MENT! scream

Now I know that all of you or most have tried to do some research on abortion only to be flooded with biased sites that look like they're pro choice, but are really run by some anti's or lifer's in hopes of tricking or guilting women away from abortion or contrception etc.

These sites actually outnumber actual pro choice sites 10 to 1.
Even though we can't take them down or destroy them ( or put them in debt, FocusOnTheFamily xd ) we can take it upon ourselves to beat them at there own game.

How about we get a free or low cost website, title it as Pro life, but then instead of saying crap about abortion or contrecpetions, we actually shove down the throats the horrible facts about what can happen during pregnancy, the death rate of complications during pregnancy, what happens to children you put up for adoption, the outcome of laws such as "Child custody act", the number of abused, sexual assulted, raped or killed children by their own parents or relatives in the US alone, gruesome accounts of attacks on women who've had abortions or doctors that preform it, and other not so nice stuff.

But at the end of everything have some bullshit saying of something like "BUT WE DO IT FOR THE BABIES! LOVE THE BABIES!"

We nesscarily would not be lowering ourselves to that of the pro lifers, since our information will be accurate.

So is anyone intrested? wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:45 am
I like that idea, but we'd need a free server like Angelfire or Geocities or something, and that won't really be taken seriously in debate. All the same, it sounds like fun! I'd offer to do it, but I'm horrible with HTML. sweatdrop

(And the trick to finding a reliable site is to check the mission statement or to see if it has photos of "aborted" foetii. If it has photos, it's unreliable. 3nodding )  

Calixti

The Velveteen Violinist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:31 pm
Love that heart That sounds excellent fun, just for kicks...

No, I like to have fun. I've once made a fake website ((I put the wordings, my friend coded.)) on why salt is poisonous...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:35 pm
I think it's a great idea. Like you said, our information will be accurate.

I could do layout design =) I have Photoshop CS2 and DreamWeaver, plus I know regular ol' HTML.  

Pandora Box

The Velveteen Violinist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:14 pm
Aye, I have CS2 too! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:53 am
We should make a webring with multiples of these truth bearing sites. I mean one wont really even out the odds, ne?  

LadyInWhite

3,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200

Trite~Elegy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:38 pm
LadyInWhite
We should make a webring with multiples of these truth bearing sites. I mean one wont really even out the odds, ne?[/quote]That would make it seem more 'truthful' to people xd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:30 am
Trite~Elegy
LadyInWhite
We should make a webring with multiples of these truth bearing sites. I mean one wont really even out the odds, ne?
]That would make it seem more 'truthful' to people xd
Yes since most people will believe anything that has a .com whee  

LadyInWhite

3,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200

Pandora Box

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:01 pm
So, if we're going to do this, we need a title for the site, don't we? Any ideas? I think having "Truth" in it somewhere is a must. While "facts" is nice and solid, "truth" has a wholesome sound to it. :Wink:  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:27 pm
I played around in Photoshop.

User Image

The links would of course go on the left. I saved a copy as a .psd, so I can change the title. Dot TK offers free URL redirection, so we could get a website at Geocities or Freewebs or whatever and then use that. Although if anyone knows of any free .com/.net/.org redirection, that'd be great.  

Pandora Box

Trite~Elegy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:27 am
I didn't even know what .Tk ment, and I'm pretty used to spotting fake sites.
so I'm guessing thats a good thing if we have it for the site xd

Fetal Containment Field

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff