Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
i'm sorry, but i'm having guy trouble...help?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

should i get back with him?
  honey why did you give him up in the first place(yes)
  girl, you must be crazy(no)
  kill him, then you never have to make the decision^^
View Results

celtic_faerie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:04 pm
ok, here's the lowdown:

i went on a 6-month break with my lover(man i love, not man i have sex with) we were having problems and i wanted an out, but i still loved him. so we said on halloween, he'd ask me back out. well, i told him i needed more time before he asked me, so i kinda ruined his plans to come down to ask me(i moved about an hour away) i still do love him. but i don't know if i should say yes or no

he's a nice guy, always treats me right, but he's not into trying new things. he'll try any kind of food once, but not other things i like, like biking, bowling, or skating. i kinda understand the bowling and skating, cuz he's got size 16 feet^^and the biking because he doesn't have a bike, but he doesn't even want to try. and i'm going into the military. i know he wouldn't mind a long distance relationship, but how long is too long? and he's definitely not into the moving around thing. he's still living in the house he was born in.

another thing is that my parents aren't exactly liking the idea of he and i getting back together. it's my senior year and they don't want me tied down to a guy that's an hour away. plus, his dad is kinda controling, and they're worried that he'll be the same way. i am definitely not one to be controlled. plus he's not christian. i am.

we have a lot in common, though. we're both looking into careers in linguistics, we both love martial arts, we both love DND, and we're major otakus(for those that don't know, that's anime/manga freak) we're both hopeless romantics. we both agree with the buddhist philosophy(it's not a religion, it's a way of thinking) we're mentally compatible, but there's many ways that we're different. what should i do?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:35 pm
Long distance sucks. Hard.  

UraniumMonk

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:41 pm
I don't really see a problem.

Sure there's the long distance thing, but that's not that big of a deal if you guys really trust each other.

You seem to like him well enough. If the fact that he's not into trying new things and the fact that your parents don't like the idea of you being with him are the only things holding you back, then I don't see what's so hard about this choice. Being unwilling to try new things isn't that big of an obstacle. He could warm up to it, or you could adapt. And if you're a senior in high school, you'll be leaving soon, it's your life. Your parents shouldn't have a bearing over who you are with.

If they do, I'd say they're pretty controlling too.

That's my take on it. You didn't give much detailed information to go on.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:58 pm
never should a lady be controlled!!! dump him, if you are as nice as you sound youll find better man in NO TIME

china ^^  

chinagrl777

xdemonicallyxyours13x

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:15 pm
do what you feel is right  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:14 pm
evilfaerie13
do what you feel is right

yesh "well" said.........well typed....bah xP  

chinagrl777

celtic_faerie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:53 pm
i said yes^^  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:30 pm
celtic_faerie
i said yes^^
thats great and im happy for you

and not to impose on your thinking but religion is a way of thinking, you are *cough* classified *cough* into your religion by your beliefs about god(s) wether or not (s)he/they exist(s) or not.  

grotesquekreeple

Ashie1002

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:33 pm
I say you should try to get back together with him. He seems really great. When do you go into the military?  
~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games