Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:42 am
wicked hatter
It's hard to designate what is "old" goth and what is "new" goth. I'm 24 years old and have been goth for a long time, but I see 18 year olds picking on younger goths, saying they themselves are "old goth".. *kneads his temples* I've also myself been accused by a fourteen year old of being a "poser"..... *twitch* I say everyone should just get along and accept that goth is goth, and I'm not talking about the fashion/music trend alone, but the general being of goth. Why must there be dissention within our own genra? Remember when "goth" was a way of life, and not just a fashion trend? Let's remember that! Dark is dark is dark.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong and about to be torn to shreds by elitists.. *fears the internet people*

I'm pretty much with you on almost all of that including the 24 part. lol

Don't worry, no one should shred you for that.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:24 am
I'm confused by this while 'old' and 'new' goth thing confused

What defines someone as 'new'? New converts to goth? Real true Bauhaus goth that is, not starting to experiment with the alternative~ and listening to alternative music. Because I know converts to goth being in their 30s. Most of the people that bother with this kind of thing are in thier teens and would consider anyone over 25 being 'old' (in my experience) no matter how long they have been inthe goth scene.

Or is 'new' those that are starting to experiment with the alternative and listening to alternative music? **but usually not the 'right' kind of music (read: Cradle of Filth, Slipknot, Manson, other more well known alternative 'darker' music) to elitists *spits* **

~ for the love of the gods, quit it with the hatred of those that are experimenting with who they are. Some people try with the becoming dark and alternative to discover who they really are, obviously there's going to be those that find they don't fit in, it happens. Don't persecute others for whatever reason, it's just not cool.  

Isobel Bellamy

Dr. H Quinzel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:23 pm
xxchibi_overlordessxx
Dr. H Quinzel
Off the top of my head...

But there's a stereotypical goth - The whole "I pretend I'm baddass, but my mum won't let me do it"

I don't really know.

Not to be rude, but some people can't really be goth in their own homes. Their parents probably don't let them because they don't like the look. It's not the persons fault, only their parents rules.

Which is why I added, I don't really know. I'm only posting the knowledge around me everyday.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:30 am
scott the archangel
I have heard alot of people talking about different kinds of goths and i was just wondering what are the different types of goths and how'r they different?

rednaeck got (me) Im broke and I cant afford the regular s**t, so I just get camo or black baggy jeans and a trenchcoeat with a black muscle shirt. Ive beencalled semi goth but I realyy got no clu wich goth I am  

Hunter of the Dammed

Clash of Vision

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:26 pm
I think all this "typing" mires people in the process of trying to understand what a goth is. I'm this type of goth, and that type of goth, whatever. Maybe I'm wrong to think of this, but maybe one should view all these "types" as aspects. If one takes them into account as aspects of the Goth movement, they're then just bits and specific bits.

Combine their powers and you have Captain Goth! xp  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces