Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Sewing Machine Trouble

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Peprika

Noob

7,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:33 pm
mmmk so uhm Hi I'm Anna ( xp ) and I'm having a weee bit of a problem with my sewing machine. I can't figure out how to thread the bobbin sweatdrop . So yeah now I bet your thinking how the heck did you use your sewing machine before without threading the bobbin?! Well, I had the instructions back then and I lost the little (not really little) manual. sweatdrop So, now I can't work my sewing machine 'cause it won't sew 'cause of the bobbin. Gah! and I have so much time on my hands just wasting away. So I took a few pictures, hoping that maybe I could get abit of help here. Also if anyone knows of any arts and crafts stores that'd be nice, 'cause I need some yarn, fleece, needles and thread for kinda cheap. I'm working with a 19 dollar budget....

User Image
This is the case where the bobbin goes...

User Image
This is the bobbin and the thread that goes in it....
User Image
And this is the actually sewing machine..(yeah I did those pictures in the wrong order.)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:42 pm
These instructions are right for my machine, and I only assume they are right for yours aswell

put the bobbin in the bobbin holdy place so the thread comes off anticlock ways
thread the top thread
hold the top thread
turn the nobbly bit at the side of the sewing machine that moves the needle so the needle goes down and back up again
the top thread should have looped around the bottom thread
pull the bottom thread out using the top thread so you have two longish peices of thread going out of the sewing part of the sewing machine
then it should be threaded.  

I be me
Vice Captain

Peprika

Noob

7,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:50 pm
omg it worked!!! Thanks thanks thank!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:51 am
horray for standard sewing machine features!

When I was at college they actually had sewing machines where you had to put the bobbin in a little metal case, get the thread comming out of that the right way then clip it inot the bottom of the sewing machine and thread it. That was a pain in the bum.  

I be me
Vice Captain

SaelensFrozenFlame

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:20 pm
I be me
horray for standard sewing machine features!

When I was at college they actually had sewing machines where you had to put the bobbin in a little metal case, get the thread comming out of that the right way then clip it inot the bottom of the sewing machine and thread it. That was a pain in the bum.

...i feel old now...we had those kinds of sewing machines when i was in home-ec in middle school...and i think that's what my sewing machine is...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:56 pm
I've worked with many many sewing machines, and to this day, that's the sort of bobbin holder I like best. (Okay, I admit it I'm only 21 so my experience maybe isn't quite that vast)
The machines we use at the theatre costume shop were all purchased pre-1970 and have that sort of bobbin configuration, and I like it so much better than the one on my mom's 3 year old singer.
The machines in my highschool home ec were like it too- and I'm totally on the look out for a machine that threads like that.  

Blue-eyes-green

Peprika

Noob

7,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:41 pm
lol my dad got me mine for my 14th birthday. He got it from Wally World for 100 bucks.  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games