Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
HOCRAP Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curse or Coincidence?
  Curse :3nod:
  They had already broke up without a sweater involved, so obviously it wasn't the curse.
  The curse only applies to the knitters, not the people who commission them. So you're not to blame <3
View Results

firrantello

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:04 pm
storyfromthestars
I've been hit with the curse. I was with my ex for nearly two years, and I started making the blanket a few months before(I have wrist problems so it takes forever) and all of the sudden he broke up with me when I had about half of it done. But I have nothing else to do with the yarn(they're his favorite colors, so I don't even really want to touch them at the moment) so I'll still give it to him if I ever finish it.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.You could always sell it to someone else.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:13 pm
I'm personally not allowed to date yet, so I don't have to worry for a while. Besides which, I never plan on marrying. [[Therefore, breaking up will be something I must adjust to.]]

But there are definate cases where the curse doesn't seem to matter. My grandmama knitted my Grandpapa a sweater and a month later he proposed. [[Apparently It's colder in Canada, and that's where they were at the moment, so maybe being Canadian counteracts the curse?]]

I'm never going to let it keep me from knitting something though. Knitting is too fun, and I like guy clothes anyway, so I'll just wear it myself. ^_^

Maer^ier

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:25 am
firrantello
storyfromthestars
I've been hit with the curse. I was with my ex for nearly two years, and I started making the blanket a few months before(I have wrist problems so it takes forever) and all of the sudden he broke up with me when I had about half of it done. But I have nothing else to do with the yarn(they're his favorite colors, so I don't even really want to touch them at the moment) so I'll still give it to him if I ever finish it.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.You could always sell it to someone else.

That's a good idea, but I promised him that no matter what, even if it took me 20 years(stupid wrist problem) I would finish it for him, and just because he's a jerk I'm not going to go back on a promise.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:57 am
Well I dropped the sweater off last night to find out shes back together with him! Go figure sweatdrop  

gemini6184

firrantello

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:59 am
gemini6184
Well I dropped the sweater off last night to find out shes back together with him! Go figure sweatdrop
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Well, all good in the end for you then, right?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:53 pm
gemini6184

Sounds like the curses work to me lol jk.
As soon as you give up on it, they get back together so you have to keep going!  

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

gemini6184

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:03 am
storyfromthestars
gemini6184

Sounds like the curses work to me lol jk.
As soon as you give up on it, they get back together so you have to keep going!
LOL i like it  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:30 pm
storyfromthestars
firrantello
storyfromthestars

That's a good idea, but I promised him that no matter what, even if it took me 20 years(stupid wrist problem) I would finish it for him, and just because he's a jerk I'm not going to go back on a promise.

Eventually you will find a situation where you will learn that because he is a jerk means that you DO have to go back on a promise, but a blanket might not be really one of those things.
Doesn't the knitting remind you of him and his jerkyness? And what if you get a new boyfriend? Because that sounds like a good enough reason to give the entire lot to charity to me.  

I be me
Vice Captain

gemini6184

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:54 pm
I be me
storyfromthestars
firrantello
storyfromthestars

Eventually you will find a situation where you will learn that because he is a jerk means that you DO have to go back on a promise, but a blanket might not be really one of those things.
Doesn't the knitting remind you of him and his jerkyness? And what if you get a new boyfriend? Because that sounds like a good enough reason to give the entire lot to charity to me.
charity is good 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:42 pm
just the other day I droped my ex's engagement ring into the chaity bin.
it was fun.  

I be me
Vice Captain

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out