Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
*vomits, then collapses on keyboard*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

=^..^=?
  O_o.
View Results

!`Grammar Faerie`!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:53 pm
Ok, so this wasn't on Gaia, but on the back of the December 2006 issue of Seventeen magazine. It just is really......ugh.:

"Hey Sar...how r u? I cnt b leve T is d8ng Shea. Now she thnks we r BFF...ugh. Idk wy he is so n to her...whatev. I wish I cld tl him my tru flngs. Bcnu soon. L8r sk8r."

I know it's not as bad as some other "TXT TLK" horror stories, but it just disgusted me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:02 pm
-vomits- Whoa... lookit' the macaroni...  

Sheep Kitchen

Wheezing Ladykiller

Galadedrid Damodred

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:23 pm
*head explodes*

burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:24 pm
This was published? In a magazine? ...What section? sweatdrop And what the hell!  

rae-chan-sensei

Lonely Kitten

Nahxsua

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:24 pm
It's legal to speak that way in magazines?

THIS IS WHERE FREEDOM OF PRESS GOES TOO FAR. YOU CANT UNDERSTAND A SINGLE THING PEOPLE SAY IF THEY TALK LIKE THAT.

However, it is kinda fun if you're really bored to try and read chatspeak. It's like a puzzle or something.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:13 pm
See, this is why I do not buy these sorts of magazines. I refuse to give my money to anyone who promotes steriotypes of "beauty" and now promoting the incorrect useage of the English language... What has the world come to?  

Emmanuela

!`Grammar Faerie`!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:59 pm
It was printed on the back page, as an "American Rag" ad or whatever the hell the store was named.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:46 am
WHAT!? I can't believe my sisters read those magazines! Evil thing.....  

Fintastic

"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff