Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Weekly Show and Tell for November 19

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

knitting_needle_ninja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:30 am
Yay! I'm back to doing cosplay caps. This is a crocheted Momiji hat (Fruits Basket) I finished this morning. Not sure if I want to add eyes yet or not.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:17 am
Still writing my NaNoWriMo piece...

and trying to work out how i can attatch small bells to my hair temporarily...

you should add eyes to your Momiji hat! it'd be uber-cute!  

SaelensFrozenFlame

gemini6184

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:21 pm
i finished the commission sweater!!! *dies* Dont ask me why but knit/purl patterns are so much harder for me than more advanced techniques. sweatdrop I can do cables in my sleep, and fair isle is easy to see where the next color goes, but knit/purl textures are the bane of my knitting existence. I'll have to set up when I can deliver it to her though. Maybe I can get my sister to snap a pic with her camera when she gets home tonight so I can show you.

I have now embarked on two matching sweaters for my 'sissy' (not by blood) Nina and her girlfriend for Christmas. It is the Whistler pattern for those who know Kirsten Cowan. It is a fair isle mens pattern that I am modifying to be more feminine. I'm eliminating the stripes and making it with a varegaited yarn (Red Hearts Berries ombre) with white for the nordic snowflake motif. I will post pictures when they send them to me 4laugh So far the colors look simply beautiful, though the orange and dark purple keep lining up in sections like stripes which is weird. I'll try and get a pic when I'm back in the dormitory where my web cam is. I want to show them how it's coming anyway 4laugh

My goal is to get the front and half the back of Nina's finished by the end of Thanksgiving break sweatdrop Wish me luck!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:32 pm
I wish i could say i was doing something interesting, but alas... Seed-stitch scarves, in a chunky yarn on big needles. They look good on guys, and thats what i have going.

I'm hoping to be able to start up on the doll i'm making for my girlfriend, but i haven't figured out the particulars of how to make Angel from Rent in her christmas outfit, out of felt. I also want to make him sitting with her knees tucked in and his arms wrapped around them, with angel wings. *blinks at the constant pronoun changes, then shrugs*  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Maer^ier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:36 pm
Due to my completely spazzing until the 16th of November to remember about NaNaWriMo, [[Thanks, by the way Kanae for reminding me]] I've decided to do my own unofficial MaNoWriMo [[With Mae's instead of National]] beginning the day I remembered/was reminded.

So far I've got like, 1.000 words, and it's only day 4, so I'm optimistic about getting a high word count, but pessimistic about getting 50.000 because frankly, I have a life. [[Meaning I have 3 hours of homework a night. sweatdrop ]]

Other than that, I've decided to ignore the warnings and make myself some droopy Musketeer pants. I have no idea when I'm going to have time to knit Christmas presents. Maybe during Pep Band games?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:45 pm
@Kanae Shin: I thought about adding eyes, but I wasn't sure. I started on Kyo, and I don't know if I'll put eyes on that, but I will put in the vein. I was lazy and joked earlier that I should just add ears to the little circle I made earlier (the start of the hat) and market them as Kyosters, but I can't think of a single otaku that actually uses coasters.  

knitting_needle_ninja

SaelensFrozenFlame

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:39 pm
heh...i'm at about 42K....a couple hundred words shy, in fact...

I use coasters, but they're actually just whatever i have around.... like my notepad.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:52 pm
knitting_needle_ninja
@Kanae Shin: I thought about adding eyes, but I wasn't sure. I started on Kyo, and I don't know if I'll put eyes on that, but I will put in the vein. I was lazy and joked earlier that I should just add ears to the little circle I made earlier (the start of the hat) and market them as Kyosters, but I can't think of a single otaku that actually uses coasters.

you could use buttons for eyes 3nodding much quicker  

gemini6184

Argentsokka

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:06 pm
I don't have any craft projects at the moment since I finished the Christmas present crafts I was doing, but when I'm going to be starting to decorate some picture frames for myself. I do have some random needlepoint things lying around, but nothing I really feel like working on.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:46 am
knitting_needle_ninja
Yay! I'm back to doing cosplay caps. This is a crocheted Momiji hat (Fruits Basket) I finished this morning. Not sure if I want to add eyes yet or not.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

oh my god! blaugh that's so cute and I knew what it was the moment I saw it too. whee
the eye's could be really neet, but its nice withought them too.
I'm making a catsith hat for a friends little sister for christmas.  

Lee Kushrenada

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:36 pm
I like totally moved house and I have been dying without my internet.
I am at the library now hoping that whoever booked this computer doesn't turn up asking for it.
Apparently the girl who booked up got up and left looking like she is done so I might have some time.

I am also makeing a bag though, its one I have been wanting to make for a long time.
it looks awesome so far, all I have to do now is make the lining and put it on, but that will probibly take me the rest of today since it needs pockets.
I will put some pics up once my comp at home gets the net again, aswell as hopefully a tute.  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games