Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

Avalon Shadow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:45 pm
MortSanglant
It's merely this:

1. If you believe in God, and God doesn't exist - your loss is finite.
2. If you don't believe in God, and God doesn't exist - your gain is finite.
3. If you believe in God, and God exists - you have infinite gain; eternal life.
4. If you don't believe in God, and God exists - you lose everything; infinite loss.

Basically if you believe in God, and he doesn't exist, you've lost nothing in living a loving life - which is the basis of Christianity. If you don't believe in him and he doesn't exist, then you pretty much gain nothing. If you believe in God and he exists, you are granted eternal life. And if you don't believe in him and he exists, you're screwed. The pros for believing in God outweigh the cons. According to Blaise Pascal.

Very true I think i mentioned something adkin to this in another topic, but not as straight forward.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:19 pm
In my opinion religion isn't something logical, it is about faith and feeling. I am a Christian, and it is my experiences and my faith that make me belive in God. In my time of need He has been there for me, and I have felt His presence and His sincere love wash over me, it is that feeling, and those experiences that keep me going and believing.

MsUnknown

Verienkeli

Girl-Crazy Genius

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:57 pm
The only advice I can give to you is to search within yourself. Nobody can tell you what to think, feel or believe. Those are things you have to find for yourself. Whether a religion (or lack thereof) is right for you is something only you can answer.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:14 am
Normal. I deal with this stuff almost daily... You must first search within yourself, and you could even do research as to if you believe in one god, or many. After that, you can decide more specifically what you believe. For example, I personally believe that there is not just one higher power, but multiple, and that everyone has a part of the brain that is special. This part decides what being you are closest to, and thus, deciding what your likenesses are. If you like hot or cold, flying or swimming, or land. It may even set up a basis on your personality. People have used nature to describe personality for a long time, and I do not believe it is coincidence. Just me...  

Argetlam13

Shirtless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Millionaire 200

The Reused

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:25 am
i dunnoh.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:29 am
Your an Anarkist. You belief theres something up there, but you don't know what, and you don't wan find out till yous dead. My sister is that.  

Scary Alice

Neon~Starshine

Questionable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:25 pm
Go Agnostic. It's fast, easy, and confusion-free. Plus it allows you to decide on what's really right for you, without having to dedicate yourself to any one faith.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:10 pm
i actualy think god is something people made up in there mindes to aswer unaswered questions. but i do beleive in rencarnation. sorry going off topic.  

xAmour_Mortelx

CircleOfTheDarkOnes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:24 pm
that's really something you need to figure out on your own.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:09 am
MortSanglant
The best thing you can do is what you're doing now.

Asking others about their beliefs and deciding what speaks to you the most.

I have chosen the path of Christianity because I believe it offers the best thing for me.

My favourite non-Biblical rationalisation that points toward Christianity is Pascal's wager.

It's merely this:

1. If you believe in God, and God doesn't exist - your loss is finite.
2. If you don't believe in God, and God doesn't exist - your gain is finite.
3. If you believe in God, and God exists - you have infinite gain; eternal life.
4. If you don't believe in God, and God exists - you lose everything; infinite loss.

Basically if you believe in God, and he doesn't exist, you've lost nothing in living a loving life - which is the basis of Christianity. If you don't believe in him and he doesn't exist, then you pretty much gain nothing. If you believe in God and he exists, you are granted eternal life. And if you don't believe in him and he exists, you're screwed. The pros for believing in God outweigh the cons. According to Blaise Pascal.

Just a little something to think about.

I wish you luck on your soul searhing journey. I'll pray for you if you wish.

The problem with that method is it only looks at the possibility of the Christian God existing. When one adds in all the possible systems of belief the wager falls apart, because the odds of picking the "right" religion are remarkably poor.

Also, there exists the possibility of a God who would grant eternal life to atheists as he understands their beliefs, yet refuse Christians the same for the crimes and hypocrisies of the religion (both past and present). In that case one would be better as an atheist than as a Christian.

Personally, i prefer to keep mathematics out of religion, as the two do not go well together.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Corpse_Bride_131

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:44 am
Just keep searching and searching until you find something that speaks to you in a way that nothing else has in the past. When you find the right one, you'll know. I'll pray for ya too!! Good luck!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:46 am
Basically, in this, I have my own point of view. I am a Christian, but sometimes, I think about that exact question. Just last night, I found something that suits me just fine. "Whoever of Whatever created us, I don't care. We should be thankful to be here, no matter what created us."  

Mage The Red

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100

Lexiegirl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:00 am
I think you would be considered agnostic.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff