Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~
It's all about the hair Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the new hair, or the old hair?
  I'm okay with it
  It kind of bugs me too
  It doesn't take away from the story, so it's irrelevant
View Results

Kisharo Dragonwings

8,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:17 pm
Yami no Hitokiri
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Kenshin's hair is "flat" during the Bakumatsu because he keeps it tied back in a tight topknot. It's "poofy" during his wandering years because he just wears it in a low ponytail.

It's interesting to watch how his hair progresses through the manga, from the 80s-style hair of the first few volumes to the cleaner more simplistic look of the Jinchuu Arc.

The only change Watsuki made that I hated was when he lopped off Kenshin's gorgeous ponytail. I mean jeez, by that time he only had a few pictures of Kenshin left to draw. Was he so lazy that he couldn't just keep drawing the ponytail a while longer?

Never mess with a bishounen's sex appeal!

Sessha wa rurouni, de gozaro yo.

Actually Kenshin cuts his hair everytime there's a new era or new beginning in his life. If you research, there are pictures of him as Battousai with his hair short after he received the sakabatou signifying he wasn't going to kill anymore (It grew back out during his wandering days). He cut his hair when Kenji was born because it was the start of the era when he began a family.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:37 pm
I like his hair poofy (like in the first few volumes of manga). In and after the Jinchuu arc it sort of lies flat... the sticky out bits died crying  

missy_sheryl

poisonarrow713

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:55 am
i almost died when Watsuki killed kenshin's pony tail. ~.~ i liked his hair later on in teh series when it was a little flatter but not like he just had an electric shock of poofiness in the begining >.< but in samuri x, i dont like how they did the hair. >.<  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:41 am
I don't really care much... but I did treasure Kenshin's ponytail... cry  

Kimiko Sakato

Angelic_gamer92

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:47 am
I really can't give my opinion on why his hair changed but I like it better flat. However, it's still cute when his hair is poofy. One way or the other I'm fine with it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:23 pm
For God Sake...
He cut his hair because of the start of the new Era. I'm gonna have to come back and provide the link where I found that info obviously.  

Kisharo Dragonwings

8,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Wall Street 200

mysteriouschic

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:52 pm
It doesn't bother me  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:07 pm
The reason I think they do it really is to just make him look younger.

Also, it reflects his personality. In the manga, he looks so loveable. And, come on, does his hair not scream, "Hug me! I'm a smexy teddy bear!" His face, too, is bigger.

But in Samurai X, his hair and face both are more angular, light, precise, like you might expect froma young, lethal killer.

Well, it's my opinion atleast. xd At first I thought he looked horrible in Samurai X, but now it's grown on me. He's not a loveable teddy bear, mind you, but its still cool. 3nodding  

Silverotter107

~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces