Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Ever been flamed for banning someone? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

._.

View Results

iori_lamia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:37 pm
Chibikerichan
I've never been flamed for banning users from our guild, but as we're hidden, and have only had to ban two users, I wouldn't expect us to have a huge banning problem, anyways.

yeha, hidden guilds rarely have that problem smile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:43 am
I'm actually on the verge of my first ban, lol... Kinda scary. But it's all up to how the person acts after the warning, so it's pretty much out of my hands by this point. Personally, if they're going to be sending you flames, I'd either ingore them, report them, and/or both. That's stress you don't need to be dealing with.  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

security officer1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:04 am
whenever i ban people i always tell them the rule they broke and why it was a rule in the first place. it calms people down and i do this because i know what it is like because i get banned every so often for inactivity but i always pm the mod asking if i can rejoin and i tell the mod why i was inactive and they let me rejoin.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:16 am
I'm pretty close to my first banning, as well. Yet, after impling it as a recommendation, another mod nearly bit my head off, stating that it won't happen.

The point is: the party in question I have recommended banning has been disruptive and godmodding. And, he is also the RL friend of another mod, whom will merely pick his nose and look the other way.  

AFK Masturbating

DemonLadySesshomaru

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:51 am
Of course I have been flamed for banning someone. But that is what my duty is on my primary guild, I am the disciplinarian. I am the one that has to keep the peace. And after warnings, counselings, more warnings, and a final pm, I ban people who just won't go along with the rules of the guild. I will outright ban someone for violation of TOS. Do I get flamed, yes. Do I care. Sometimes. Am I ever wrong... Once, and I apologized and let the person back in the guild. But, that was a rare occasion and the captain is the one who told me off, not anyone else.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:08 pm
I agree with what MemoryDragon said. mrgreen  

T3h_Evil_King

Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out