Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Talk like an Illianer! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Why?
  Because I can.
View Results

Natsuri

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:09 pm
I have a go at it:

I did never be read that book before.

(Did I get that down right? question )  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:17 pm
This could either be highly amusing, or highly annoying, most times, bodering along the two.

I'm not one to judge someone on their little quirks to the english language. Firstly, I believe it could be catchy because if someone were to continuously use it around me, I'd most likely start using it myself. And secondly, I'm not one to judge, seeing as my form in secondary school started what was once called the 'ossopite'.

For those not familiar of such a term, be thankful as it was very annoying, and very catchy at the time among us. Maybe it was too much work. Maybe it was the threat of exams looming ahead of us in a few months and we needed some sort of escape, and thus, the 'ossopite' was formed. Now, this 'ossopite', is nothing more than the 'opposite' of everything that we were saying, except this opposite included a little hand gesture--just to make certain that the receiver of this information understood that the statement about to be ushered was the very opposite of what was said.

One example of this would be:

I did not go and see our geography teacher. She did not tell me to go back to class. Was not ashamed.

The horrors of this could make any one annoyed. Luckily, I believe we all got over it, although there are still times after a class where someone will use the 'ossopite' once again. It became such a normality that even our Math teacher understood us and tried to use it once or twice--but that's our Math teacher. He's always been fun and exciting like that.

So to sum this all up, I believe you should feel free to use this 'dialect' whenever you feel the need to, but I believe you should take caution in using it. Remember, there's a right time and a wrong time for everything. It might not be the right time on a grammar guild, no matter how entertaining it may be.  

Kohy

Seikonai

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:12 am
I be thinking I be needing to look him up. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:14 pm
Actually, they speak like that in Acoma (I thinK)

It's in New Mexico.

And actually, I believe that that's called...

Argh... I can't remember...

Ah well.

The point is, people really do speak like that.  

Doppelgaanger

7,350 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

s0prano42_x3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:18 pm
I do be liking this Illianer dialect, but I be not sure how well I do be speaking it.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff