Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Lavender Lounge .: Questions and Assistance :.
Er - I want to dedicate my virginity. O_O Help?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YuYevon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:11 am
Thank you. *bows*

Now, I have NOT decided whether or not I will do this. At this point, I'm just gathering information. I would like help GATHERING that information! Could you help??

I remember reading about a practice in ancient Rome, women dedicated their virginity to the Goddess Vesta. They vowed to retain their virginal state for thirty or forty years (until their time as a Vestal Virgin was completed), though some chose to remain even after this time ended.
This practice interests me...I want to hold onto my virginal state for a little while. I don't think I can consciously explain why, but I want to be able to explain it before I make my decision.

I regard all deities as different names and faces and so on for the same thing - we find divine in our own way... So I have no preference, I think, for whatever deity I dedicate it to.

It is NOT my desire to keep my virginity for thirty or forty years or more - rather, I wish to hold onto it for 1 to maybe 3 years. Perhaps I want to honor my existence given to me by respecting my body - to wait until I'm ready. razz ~

Could you help me figure this out? XD (That's vague enough, right?)
Do you have any input, suggestions? Any advice? Any response at all?
Again, I have not decided to do this at present - I want to explore this so that I one day will be ABLE to make a decision.

Once again, thank you! <3 You're greatly appreciated.

-YuYevon  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:03 pm
I've read about the Vestals. I think that this is a good idea. Self respect= big thumbs up from me! 3nodding

I wish I could help more, but I'm only a beginner and don't know much about rites. Um...the only thing I can really think of (I'm going on the basis that you don't really have a preference for a particular deity) is maybe dedicating yourself to a god that is related to virginity/sex/purity, etc. I'm not sure if there is a god for virginity (like I said, I'm still new to all of this! Sorry! redface ) but someone along those lines might be good.

Uh...maybe white candles, or something white? (I don't know much about colour magic)

Okay, I'm going to stop here in case I REALLY put my foot in it. I hope that something I've said here has helped a little.  

Rioto_Kish

YuYevon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:25 pm
XD Thanks a bunch, this helps.
Where did you read about the Vestal Virgins?? 8D *finds it all fascinating*

-YuYevon  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:13 am
I am familiar with the Vestal Virgins, but not with any degree of expertise. Some basic info on them should be relatively easy to find with a quick search. You should also be able to find some information on them if you do some library research into ancient Rome. It isn't so obscure that info will be difficult to find.

As for the rite itself, bindings work well. It isn't as often that you bind yourself, but it can be done. Bindings are often done using knots and cords. You could use several cords of symbolic colors and knot them a symbolic number of times. Then keep the cords someplace safe for as long as you want the spell to be in effect. When you want to cancel it, untie the cords.  

Starlock
Crew

Rioto_Kish

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:21 pm
YuYevon
XD Thanks a bunch, this helps.
Where did you read about the Vestal Virgins?? 8D *finds it all fascinating*

-YuYevon

I learnt a bit about the Vestals when I was researching Ancient Rome for an Ancient History assignment. 3nodding I don't remember much about them, only a few details, sorry... sweatdrop

Web searches are the easiest way (in my opinion, though books are good too) to find information on the Vestal Virgins.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:01 pm
Well, I'm fairly new to all of this. I'm not Wiccan, or Neo pagan, or any of that, I'm just interested in the energy and the craft, so I don't know how you believe/worship, or that this will be of any help.

I haven't heard too much about them, hardly anything actually.

I somewhat did that....I guess in a way. I vowed to myself that i wouldn't end up like my cousins, and that I have to feel totaly right abut it when I'm ready. It's worked so far.

Well, I say brainstorm for a little while, and just make it yours, and do what feels right to you. Weather it involves candle magic, or whatever you enjoy.

~B2R~  

born2rock16

The Lavender Lounge .: Questions and Assistance :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games