Driver ed?
  Love it.
  Loathe it...
  HHmmm.. that's a tough one.
View Results

goddess_tyche

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:26 am
kixsy
A friend of mine spent thousands of dollars on a driving instructor and he didnt even help all that much

I spent quite a lot on a driving instructor, but thankfully he did help me... I did fail the first test, but that was partly because I was intimidated by the assessor (he was very unfriendly). I passed the second time though.

the_weird_1 - That's terrible about your log book not being signed. I'm thankful that my parents went with me and I didn't have that problem (I got a car just before I got to the log book stage).  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:12 pm
Yeh a lot of assessors are intimidating lol  

kixsy

RazalBerry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:03 pm
My school has a subject called health and human development as an elective in year ten and for the elective you go once a fornight during a double leson for driving practicis with qulified driving instructors  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:28 pm
RazalBerry
My school has a subject called health and human development as an elective in year ten and for the elective you go once a fornight during a double leson for driving practicis with qulified driving instructors

my school used to offer that in VCE . I never took it though.  

satansrose

Distinct Connoisseur

14,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200

kixsy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:20 am
Were you in Public or Private schools?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:25 am
Christian Private...  

RazalBerry

kixsy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:28 am
Well it sounds like a great course and it would really be good to see in public schools  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:39 am
im nearly 16 and i think it would be a great idea cos it could replace carrers XD  

yellow_turtle_tumbledryer

2,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Statustician 100

kixsy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:23 pm
I don't know about that but it would be helpful for families who don't want to pay the price for a driving tutor.  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:34 am
There's really no point in getting a driving instructor if you have a parent/other relative that has a car (and most people do). I forked out wads of cash for a driving instructor that didn't teach me all that much. Most of my learning came from driving around with my grandpa.

Honestly, to master driving you just gotta do it a lot. Having a driving instructor sitting next to you is no different than having a parent in the front seat. It's all simple stuff really, and you might as well do it without forking out 50 bucks a lesson.  

DanskiWolf

The Curse

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:16 am
DanskiWolf
There's really no point in getting a driving instructor if you have a parent/other relative that has a car (and most people do). I forked out wads of cash for a driving instructor that didn't teach me all that much. Most of my learning came from driving around with my grandpa.

Honestly, to master driving you just gotta do it a lot. Having a driving instructor sitting next to you is no different than having a parent in the front seat. It's all simple stuff really, and you might as well do it without forking out 50 bucks a lesson.

My family takes the theory you go once or twice just before you take the driving test as good instructors will know the likely routes you will be taken on and can make sure you are doing everything required to pass moreso than your average parent.  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff