clothes from non-goth stores? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gothic_Lipstick_Kisses

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:40 pm
Freedom Fire
Thank God . . . I thought I was the only one here who didn't have access to an underground goth scene with "real" goth stores. Sometimes I feel like a poser just because I live in the suburbs and I don't have a car, so the closest I do come to a "goth" store would be Hot Topic and Spencer's, and yes I know most people here don't consider them to be real "goth" stores. Sometimes I feel like a fluff because I don't live smack dab in the middle of Boston's goth scene.

I live 45 minutes from boston, have been here for two years, and have only been there once to go to a goth 18+ club. Does anyone know of any good stores around there. Specific places and addresses please? I'm supposed to go shopping there after christmas and I have no idea where to go to shop.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:37 pm
Yeah I wear clothes from non gothic shops but if its nice I don't really care. I got a black fitted torn jacket and many black skirts at Next for 3-7 quid each.  

Kohanna13

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:44 pm
Gothic_Lipstick_Kisses
Freedom Fire
Thank God . . . I thought I was the only one here who didn't have access to an underground goth scene with "real" goth stores. Sometimes I feel like a poser just because I live in the suburbs and I don't have a car, so the closest I do come to a "goth" store would be Hot Topic and Spencer's, and yes I know most people here don't consider them to be real "goth" stores. Sometimes I feel like a fluff because I don't live smack dab in the middle of Boston's goth scene.

I live 45 minutes from boston, have been here for two years, and have only been there once to go to a goth 18+ club. Does anyone know of any good stores around there. Specific places and addresses please? I'm supposed to go shopping there after christmas and I have no idea where to go to shop.

I know of a couple stores in and around Boston.

In Harvard Square there's a store called Hootnanny, located in The Garage Mall. It's not entirely gothy, but it does carry some gothy things, such as corsets (both steel-boned and PVC-boned), bondage pants, shirts, skirts, tights, and shoes. They sell good quality items and many brand names, such as Lip Service, Shrine, and Demonia. You can sometimes find really good deals there, as I once found a $300 Shrine coat marked down to $75 on thier clearance rack. Mind you they're not a cheap shop, but thier prices aren't insanely high either. To get there just go to Harvard Square, and pretty much anyone there can point you to The Garage.

There's also a store in Cambridge, near Kenmore Square called The Garment District. They're an amazing thrift shop with a huge vintage selection. I've found all sorts of things there, ranging from victorian-styled tea dresses to 50's mourning garb. Also, The Garment District shares thier store with Boston Costume, so they always have cool things such as opera gloves and lace parasols on hand. I believe that The Garment District is located at 200 Broadway in Cambridge, but I could have the building number wrong.

If you're willing to take a little trip to the North Shore, then there's a lovely store in Salem. The Fools Mansion is a shop specilizing in gothic and historial clothing. They sell cloaks, trench coats, dresses, corsets, poet shirts, top hats, jewellery, purses, and tons of other things! Thier prices are a bit steep (ex. the average dress is about $100), but they're still an amazing store to check out! They have three rooms filled with all sorts of goodies! The shop is situated on Essex Street, but I'm unsure of the building number.

I would also highly reccomend checking out the thrift shops in your city/town. They oftentimes will have amazing stuff. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:27 pm
Half the things I wear are hand-me-downs from my sisters.
Yes, sisters.
And none of them are goth in the least. I just accesorize well.  

Lord Charlemain Richards

Thirteenth Lover

12,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200

Starfish Attack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:49 pm

Thrift Store

<3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:22 pm
I got some of my favorite clothes at k-mart and sears. But, most of my stuff is from thrift stores. Nothing wrong with that! I also got some cool bracelets at Claires...Of all places...xD  

[-Alluring Enchantress-]

3,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Substance-E

Newbie Noob

3,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:52 pm
Sears for great Levis and Target of all places for good T's  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:20 am
Hey, if you can be a wee bit creative, any item can be manipulated into something dark and sinister.

Take a harmless red candle, as an example. Just put it in a clear candle holder, etch some spooky design on it like a bat or a zombie... then take another candle and drip a sinister amount of some other candle's wax onto it. Voila, perfect goth decoraction.

One day, I will be the Martha Stewart of Hell.

Anyway, the same theory can be applied to just about anything, even more upscale clothes.  

Silly_Doll

Kozi Usagi

1,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:58 am
I find something I like, I buy it. Doesn't really matter what store I may be it whether it be Goodwill, Wal-mart, or even....the gap.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:08 pm
Silly_Doll
One day, I will be the Martha Stewart of Hell.

Awesome.  

[-Alluring Enchantress-]

3,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Vexworth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:22 am
I don't think I really own anything from shops you'd consider 'gothic'.
It's all in how you combine things.
And usually, all the nifty stuff's on sale because no one else'll buy it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:51 pm
Its NOT what you wear its HOW you wear it  

Kohanna13

Angel Bruja

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:20 am
I can find clothes in non-goth stores. Anyone can. Combining them or what the clothes are is what will be considered gothic or not.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:00 pm
Threl Kaar
My favorit goth is a naked one... blaugh

I'm naked under my clothes.

DreamerSpirit
their prices are a bit steep (ex. the average dress is about $100)

The average dress at Hot Topic is that much and it falls apart after a month or so.  

Magnificent Dustmop

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces