Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Show and Tell Week of November 27 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

taligator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:16 pm
I've been utterly lazy this week. I've got a stocking to do for my Mom but I haven't been happy with the pattern I'm using so I may find another.

I also wanted to do her a scarf (one-skein scarf from Stitch 'n b***h Crochet) and I want to finish up the hat I'm working on.

Blergh.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:45 pm
are you knitting the stocking or sowing it?
if your sowing it I would think it would not be that hard  

Lee Kushrenada

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:44 pm
Maer^ier
In the past week I:
1] Spaz non-pattern knitted a scarf and matching hat for myself with some leftover blue furry yarn
2] Made another non-patterned set with black furry yarn for my sister [[YAY CHRISTMAS!!!]]
3] Freeknitted a glasses case for my friend Andi's Christmas present
4] Taught my five-year old sister to sew [[she made a pillow for me mum, it's so cute!]]
5] Decorated a handbag I bought from Micheal's [[Fringe!!!]]

I think I like the concept of not actually using a pattern... It's like the knitting kind of takes on a life of its own...

And I'm currently working on:
1] A pillow for me mum made from a recycled calico skirt
2] A shoulder bag for my younger sister
3] And I'm considering the possibility of making lovely little change banks for my four younger siblings.

I'm at a loss for what to make my older brother though. I was thinking maybe a lapghan for the drive back and forth to college, because his car heater doesn't work, but my parents swear they're having it fixed.

Does anyone know what an eighteen year old chemical engineering major in college would appriciate for Christmas?

Well, um, does he spend a lot of time studying? You could make him something to make it a little more comfortable for him to study...  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:35 pm
Maer^ier

I'm at a loss for what to make my older brother though. I was thinking maybe a lapghan for the drive back and forth to college, because his car heater doesn't work, but my parents swear they're having it fixed.

Does anyone know what an eighteen year old chemical engineering major in college would appriciate for Christmas?
Maybe a steering-wheel cover to keep his hands warm while the heater is still out of commission/warms up in the morning 3nodding  

gemini6184

SaelensFrozenFlame

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:36 pm
now that NaNoWriMo is over, I can finally start working on stuff that i started but didn't finish...  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:24 pm
gemini6184
Maer^ier

Maybe a steering-wheel cover to keep his hands warm while the heater is still out of commission/warms up in the morning 3nodding
lol
you can tell you are not an australian.
around in queensland we had stearing weel covers so you didn't give yourself third degree burns after it had been sitting in the sun for a bit.  

I be me
Vice Captain

gemini6184

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:42 pm
I be me
gemini6184
Maer^ier

lol
around in queensland we had stearing weel covers so you didn't give yourself third degree burns after it had been sitting in the sun for a bit.
they work both ways xd

and tho i may not be an aussie, i apparently have a sleep schedule akin to one sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:56 pm
gemini6184
I be me
gemini6184
Maer^ier

lol
they work both ways xd

and tho i may not be an aussie, i apparently have a sleep schedule akin to one sweatdrop
sleep is overrated anyway xp  

I be me
Vice Captain

gemini6184

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:31 am
I be me
gemini6184
I be me
gemini6184
Maer^ier

lol
they work both ways xd

sleep is overrated anyway xp
thats not usually what i say prior to noon on the weekends xd  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas