Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Writing on the Wall

Back to Guilds

Are you literate? Do you write poetry, short stories, long stories, prose, roleplays. . . anything? Share your talent with the world! 

Tags: Writing, Poetry, Prose, Stories, RolePlay 

Reply The Writing on the Wall
Untitled, Prolouge.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What'd you think?
  It's good
  It's ok
  It needs some help
  Other (It was bad, don't like it, etc.)
View Results

Neon Eyeliner

3,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:43 am
This is the first story I've ever posted anyway, or well, that I'm proud of.

I don't have a title, and this is only the prolouge.

I'd like opinions, construtive critism, etc, thanks. I'd really like to know what I should fix.

Also, this story is completely fictional.

Hello there. My name is Kristen. And I’d like to tell you my story.

You want to sit down, if your not already sitting, as I do not know how long it will take to tell my tale. Please, listen closely. I don’t enjoy repeating myself, and I’m sure you feel the same way.

I’m seventeen, nearly eighteen. I thought it was about time to tell me story, after covering it up for so long.

My mother left me with my father when I was an infant, claiming she was too young to raise a child, let alone learn. She was only partically right, however.

She had me at nineteen, quite young, but perhaps not ‘too young’ to have a child. After all, I was her ******** up. Everyone should have a constant reminder of their ********. But, moving on. Your never too young or old to learn something, I mean, she would have learned anyway, why not young?

I’ve simply taken the obvious as fact.

She wasn’t ‘too young’ to have children, and, as I mentioned, she certainly could have learned. She just didn’t want me, or any child, for that matter, to hold her down. She was young, unmarried, and had her whole life ahead of her. Until I came along. But then, I was easily forgotten. She just went on with her life, forgetting she had a daughter who would have given anything to know her. To talk to her. To see her.

Now, my father. He didn’t abandon me. Like my mother, he wasn’t too young. But, unlike my mother, he didn’t think he was too young. I’d have to hope not, he was far from ‘too young’ at twenty-five. He wanted a child more than anything, and in his mind, god had sent him a daughter. But, not a wife. He’d loved my mother, and was utterly heartbroken when she left.

He was positively estastic at the thought of raising a child, watching something so small, grow into a normal sized person. That he had taken part in creating a life.

I’ll start a year before the problems started.
I was fifteen.
My lifew as happy, filled with joy, sorrow, love, as most teenages lives are.

And now, we start.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:45 am
Wonderful layout.
It`s delightfully raw in character, with a gripping edge and a passion of real life lived.
Your characters are intriguing. It shall be interesting to read of the fullness of each character.

If I may, there is one fact I wonder of. That would be is the scattered paragragh / cut up paragraph method. Is this an intentional aspect taht is to help create the raw edge?

If I have been harsh I apologize.

Please, continue with this story.
Am truly looking forward to reading more of it.
Thank you for sharing.

Sincerely.....
.....................WildWildWindWhisperer wink

heart  

WildWildWindWhisperer
Vice Captain

Eloquent Autobiographer

6,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hygienic 200

Neon Eyeliner

3,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:09 pm
WildWildWindWhisperer
Wonderful layout.
It`s delightfully raw in character, with a gripping edge and a passion of real life lived.
Your characters are intriguing. It shall be interesting to read of the fullness of each character.

If I may, there is one fact I wonder of. That would be is the scattered paragragh / cut up paragraph method. Is this an intentional aspect taht is to help create the raw edge?

If I have been harsh I apologize.

Please, continue with this story.
Am truly looking forward to reading more of it.
Thank you for sharing.

Sincerely.....
.....................WildWildWindWhisperer wink

heart

The scattered paragraphs was meant, and I think I'll edit it abit.
Now that I've read it, I don't really like the way it's scattered, and the repetition of about her mother.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:03 pm
If you ask me, I'd say to keep the repetition up. It shows how she longs to meet her mother though she never knew her. It seems pretty interesting. Post the rest of the story soon as I am interested in reading it. 3nodding  

Acoustic Downfall
Vice Captain

Neon Eyeliner

3,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:23 pm
Acoustic Downfall
If you ask me, I'd say to keep the repetition up. It shows how she longs to meet her mother though she never knew her. It seems pretty interesting. Post the rest of the story soon as I am interested in reading it. 3nodding

Thanks. = )

I'll try to get it up in alittle while, it's not anywhere near done yet.

The Writing on the Wall

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games