27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:34 pm
*This is from the other thread about Harry and Hermoine.*

Starting on the premises of this:

noone
Somewhere I think Rowling said that Ron and Hermione were always going to end up together.

There has never -EVER- been ANYTHING in any interveiw and such that suggest this AT ALL. I've never EVER seen it.

AND, if people -truly, truly- Read Harry Potter and the Half Blood prince, you notice that:

1. Ron and Hermonine never OFFICALLY dated. Never throughout the 'hints' or the hints of Harry and Hermione Have -any of the Trio ever stated right out and said ' I WUFF YOU LETS DATE K.?!!!11!'

2. Through out that book, they -all- snip at each other and bicker until there's a point where they don't.

3. Yeah, the Ginny and Harry thing happened. But it was too quick in my opinion. There was no 'romance'. There wasn't any thing that -LEAD- to them getting together in the other books.

Just in HP and the Half Blood Prince and in that it was described as 'Beast'. How in the world can -that- be romantic? Seriously, that's not Romance.

4. Oh and, let us not forget, ladies and Gentlemen of the Tribes of 'Mo'ron and Harmony, and whatever they call the Ginny/Harry thing' *Probabaly BEAST*

They. ARE TEENAGERS. What Teenager your typical teen, stays with one person throughout Highschool? Yes there are exceptions, but seriously? The Trio are growing up. 16 is their last bout of leaving behind their childhood or leaving behind their teen years *Beacuse in the wizarding world at 17 you are an adult.*

So yes, everything in HP. and the Half Blood prince is pretty much to cover the last part of the teenager becoming an adult, reluctantly in some cases.

5. Is it me or are people just totally missing the point of the HP stories? It's not about -the COUPLES-. It's about a boy that was orphaned thrown into a new world and finds himself, in a way, every alone because he -is- the 'Famous child who lived' and he is expected to be something that he may really not be otherwise, but it is forced on him. He is also lonely once more because of the status however, because he met Ron he was able to form some kinda of friendship even if Ron has a thing of 'hero awe' upon first meeting him.
He was kind to Hermione as well and was the one that suggested *since Ron was some what a p***k in character at the time* to go warn Hermoine about the possible danger and because he and Ron both saved her (well mainly him) she's grateful and lies to a teacher as well as form a bond with Harry and *later on* Ron to create this form of friendship.

And that's when they were 11.

^- Isn't that part of what made you want to read harry potter? The Adventures that these three go through the ups and downs of solving mysteries and trying to fit those in with their regular schooling and actually growing up.

6.I never found anything about the Ginny and Harry thing appealing. Mostly because they never really formed too much of a bond together *especailly in the movies* In the book, she was 'Ron's little sister' and a friend and a good Quidditch player and she also had that hero-worship thing about him.
Yeah, later on in some other book he notices ' well she grew' but he didn't put much -thought- into it until HP and the Half Blood prince. And also we all do know that during times of war-like atmosphere that Mrs. Weasley comments about how everyone is in a hurry to get married.
^ ever think that because of that and no one knows when they'll die is a reason some/most would throw themselves into relationships?

That's my thought on Harry and Ginny- Harry's one more step closer to being 'I have a higher chance of dying now and getting everyone around me in toruble/getting them killed'. Since he has witnessed the death of his Godfather and such don't you think he would want to try and taste most facets in life that usually come with age? Yeah, he's attracted to Ginny but he was also attracted to Hermoine and Cho too.
If you think on it, he's a boy. Apparentally (to the weeping fangirl's hearts) a straight one at that. JK Rowlings can't pretty much say he gets a woody every time he sees a nice peice of a** walking by.

7. Noticed there's a lot of emphasis on the 'Love potion'. Really, what was special about it? Well, apparentally it makes people notice you more. Maybe even love you. That's the whole point of that mishap of Ron eating it when it was meant for Harry.

Who knows whatelse could've slipped between the cracks?

8. Nearing the End I find it hard to believe of those that Ship Both Ron/Hermione/Harry/Ginny and such.
Clearly the ending has more signfigance then just 'relationships'. But here's how I veiw it and I know right now, that no one can change my views of it. (kinda like a super Right-winger trying to presuade Homosexual people to be straight. Ain't happenin' no matter how much it is covered up.)

At the funeral Harry breaks it up with Ginny, she also knew it would happen. But when you think about it, if Ginny is -so- into Harry and 'loves' him. Why in the WORLD did she not tell him " Screw that! I'm comming with you!" After all, Hermione and Ron are, why can't she?

Another thing I shall pose to you is, doesn't the ending of HP and Half-blood Prince remind you of the very beginning? When it was just Harry, Hermione and Ron? They were going to go with him. Even if it did mean death.

Throughout the series they were able to remain friends. the Best of friends. I think that's part of the message I interpt from the series. Lovers can come and go, but best friends and family are forever.

I mean yes, I can see evdince of -both- Harry and Hermione and Ron and Hermoine. Some are too obvious and some are very sublte.

So the whole point of my rant is: Do. Not. Take. It. Seriously.

As well as: If she says " Even thought I think it might happened I'm not sure it might happen. So it could happen but it might not."

Until it's written out it does -NOT- mean: " Oh she said it will happen!' D:
or "She said it -won't- happen" D:

It simply means she's tossing ideas.

Do not state what is cannon ideas (things that have yet to be written) without REAL proof.

That is all.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:11 pm
wow!  

Numai Outcast

lnkmstr10

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:39 am
thats a good point! I know i tend to get too wrapped up in the shipping aspect of the books, and i tend to miss the point of the series. Plus, shipping just causes huge arguments between competing ships. So thanks for the reality check mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:39 pm
Never thought of it that way. I dare say you do have a point.  

16_sepria

16_sepria

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:44 pm
but let me add that this is a shortened quote from JKR

Harry & Hermione are platonic friends, "but I won't answer for anyone else, nudge, nudge, wink, wink."

So isn't she basically saying that Harry and Hermione WON'T end up together??  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:21 pm
i think that they r just meant 2 be...u just hav to read to get it...its obvious...they just ignore it...but if u look close enough, ull see its there and tru. mrgreen  

t-o-o-t-s-i-e

Luamervara

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:54 pm
I don't think so really. a lot of Platonic relationships do turn sexual at some point.

My thing with Ginny was that she went through too many boyfirends for her age. She was 15 when Harry was 16.

She was 13 when she went to the ball with Nevile and pretty much left him and went to see that Conner boy (I might have to look that up)

14-breaks up with said boy and gets with Dean on and off.

Dunno about you but I found that a little too fast for my taste.

I simply don't like Ginny's personality espeically in the sixth book where she puts her brother down and is the reason why he's all over Lavender.

I don't think that type of person is what Harry really needs.

I don't think Ron and Hermione would've lasted. They have very little in common except for Harry.

I just don't see either couples working out in the long term.

With Harry and Hermione I can see them having a long term relationship.

But of course, I see Harmony happening when they're all older. They just fit that way in my mind.

Now, for another thing that I would like to see and have fit is Harry/Ron/Hermione-ship. I mean, hey, they did everything else together. >>;;  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:33 pm
some one pointed this out to me today:

If Ron and Hermione are "so obvious" then why is JKR telling us to read between the lines?? Wouldn't that suggest that you need to look for subtle hints?? Just my opinion  

lnkmstr10

GhoulPuppy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:57 pm
In an interview that Emerson and Melissa (I believe thats the two she talked with) Jo talked about all of the anvil sized hints that she had been giving about Ron and Hermione. Here I'll find it....

Interview w/ Jo

Quote:

ES: We thought it was clearer than ever that Harry and Ginny are an item and Ron and Hermione - although we think you made it painfully obvious in the first five books -

JKR: [points to herself and whispers] So do I!

ES: What was that?

JKR: [More loudly] Well. so do I! So do I!

[All laugh; Melissa doubles over, hysterical, and may have died.]

Quote:

JKR: I will say, that yes, I personally feel - well it's going to be clear once people have read Book 6. I mean, that's it. It's done, isn't it? We know. Yes, we do now know that it's Ron and Hermione. I do feel that I have dropped heavy -

[All crack up]

JKR: - hints. ANVIL-sized, actually, hints, prior to this point. I certainly think even if subtle clues hadn't been picked up by the end of Azkaban, that by the time we hit Krum in Goblet...

etc

EDIT: Ok so I can't get the link to work properly. For those interested follow the link and click the first link on the page. Then its part 2.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:06 pm
Yeah but I don't trust Emer-child and Melissa with any good information that can be obtained objectively.  

Luamervara

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500

can o whoop ass

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:37 am
Rei Torano

noone

There has never -EVER- been ANYTHING in any interveiw and such that suggest this AT ALL. I've never EVER seen it.

AND, if people -truly, truly- Read Harry Potter and the Half Blood prince, you notice that:

1. Ron and Hermonine never OFFICALLY dated. Never throughout the 'hints' or the hints of Harry and Hermione Have -any of the Trio ever stated right out and said ' I WUFF YOU LETS DATE K.?!!!11!'
Yeah but in all the books there was some heavy a** foreshadowing between ron and Hermoine. Harry and Hermoine are just good friends.

3. Yeah, the Ginny and Harry thing happened. But it was too quick in my opinion. There was no 'romance'. There wasn't any thing that -LEAD- to them getting together in the other books.
I agree it was pretty out of the blue.

They. ARE TEENAGERS. What Teenager your typical teen, stays with one person throughout Highschool? Yes there are exceptions, but seriously? The Trio are growing up. 16 is their last bout of leaving behind their childhood or leaving behind their teen years *Beacuse in the wizarding world at 17 you are an adult.* None of them stayed with one person throughout high school. Harry had Cho. Ginny had plenty of boyfriends. Ron had Lavender. Hermoine had Krum..

Isn't that part of what made you want to read harry potter? The Adventures that these three go through the ups and downs of solving mysteries and trying to fit those in with their regular schooling and actually growing up.
The romance makes it more fun to read, but it's not the best part about Harry Potter, but I still enjoy it...

Yeah, he's attracted to Ginny but he was also attracted to Hermoine and Cho too.
He was never attacted to Hermoine..  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:09 pm
1. Um... Basically no one would ever say, "I WUFF YOU LETS DATE K.?!!!11!" So you don't have much of a point there. Who's to say when dating is really official or not anyways?

2. Yes, but admittedly Ron and Hermione fought the most.

3. I agree with this, actually, a little. Harry just... I don't know. There was the crush Ginny had on Harry in the first books that lead to it though. But nothing for Harry leading to Ginny.

4. If they're leaving behind their teen years, then they may actually be close enough to carry a relationship all the way until marriage. They could be an exception.

5. The couples may not be the main point of the story, but they interest us all, don't they? If they didn't, you wouldn't have even come to this forum, right? Couples make the book more interesting and fun to read. You can be set on a couple and still get the main point of the book. I think I do.
I think Ron at the time was just angry because she was mad at him. He was just letting off steam that he couldn't perform the spell and she did it so well, and was acting like his teacher. Harry is just a good person, perhaps better than Ron, but that doesn't mean Ron didn't and can't grow to be a good person as well.
Yes, going through the mysteries and trying to fit in were some factors in why I wanted to read the books. But there are other factors too.

6. I didn't really like Harry and Ginny together either. But he didn't throw himself in the relationship just because of the war. If he did, why would he break up with her because he wanted her to be safe? I just don't think he threw himself into it because of the war.

7. What? You think Harry ate Ginny's love potion or something? Ron ate Hermione's? Harry ate Hermione's?

8. I know it has more significance than relationship. When I read the book I was more focused on other things, really. But I was also focused on relationships. I was happy when Harry broke up with Ginny. I just don't like her for some reason.
I think she's not ready to die for him, like Ron and Hermione are. She's just not that committed to him. That's one reason why she's not serious. She didn't want to put her life at risk. That's why she didn't make him let her go. She's obviously not that confident he will protect her. She isn't serious enough to rick her life.
Hermione and Ron are true friends. They'll stick with him. I don't know about Harry and Hermione as a relationship... I personally don't think it will happen, but eh. They're best friends. Ginny just couldn't join them. Especially without being serious enough, which she's not.
That's a good message. But one lover will stay and become family. Maybe Ron and Hermione.
I think there are more hints in the movies for Harry and Hermione than in the books. There is definitely obvious hints in the book for Ron and Hermione though.

I don't claim things because she said something. I just make speculations. Sometimes I'm firm, sometimes I'm not. I'm open to ideas.

Noelani Rules

Coupling

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff