Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.
January 07 Issue Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you get the January issue?
  yes
  no
  I will soon
View Results

Omakemomo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:41 pm
I like Beat Girl, but I don't like how the editor's letter made it seem like she is supposed to represent all the readers. Like, interested in fashion and making new friends? What about the guys who read the magazine?!

On Vampire Knight: I don't think Kaname is really in love with Yuki. He seems infatuated with her at best and unhealthily obsessed with her at worst. Maybe this will change later on, but right now he kind of scares me.

This issue was good overall, and I can't wait for the next one, because I finally bothered to subscribe!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:02 pm
I liked the calendar.

Omakemomo
I like Beat Girl, but I don't like how the editor's letter made it seem like she is supposed to represent all the readers. Like, interested in fashion and making new friends? What about the guys who read the magazine?!

On Vampire Knight: I don't think Kaname is really in love with Yuki. He seems infatuated with her at best and unhealthily obsessed with her at worst. Maybe this will change later on, but right now he kind of scares me.

This issue was good overall, and I can't wait for the next one, because I finally bothered to subscribe!

But SB girl is me! I had myself genetically altered when the magazine came out to be just like her! surprised  

MissWorld -Kill Me Pills-

Chaotic_Mind

4,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:52 pm
I've got the new issue and this is going to be my first year subscribing but because of this stupid beat girl I might not even read it anymore.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:14 pm
Chaotic_Mind
I've got the new issue and this is going to be my first year subscribing but because of this stupid beat girl I might not even read it anymore.

Magazine mascots are lame. Except for the guy on MAD.  

MissWorld -Kill Me Pills-

Shadow Queen Megami

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:49 am
mistedwings
I'd have to say I rather miss the dress up things at the back of the issues with the panda. I never used them, but they were really cute to look at! It sucks that they just changed the mascot at the last minute.

I didn't even realize they changed the mascot, i'm so hooked on the manga, manga updates and horoscopes that i never even noticed that the panda wasn't in it anymore.  
.: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games