Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Gifts besides scarves?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lDelia607

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:48 pm
Hey, I need help thinking of ideas and finding patterns for gifts to give on the holidays of items besides scarves and such. Please help
If you have any ideas or patterns to follow please post
thanks biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:59 pm
~
What medium?
I mean I just made a fancy pencil/tool pouch thing that I could potentially slap together a pattern for but it's sewn and stuff.
And making stuff like quilted placemats/potholders/whatever is the epitome of easy.
However if you're looking for knit then I can't help at all.

~

Tes

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:59 pm
lDelia607
Hey, I need help thinking of ideas and finding patterns for gifts to give on the holidays of items besides scarves and such. Please help
If you have any ideas or patterns to follow please post
thanks biggrin

Knitting?
www.knittingpatterncentral.com

Crocheting?
www.crochetpatterncentral.com

Other?
Please specify  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:05 am
Since you mention scarves, I'm going to assume that you either crochet or knit. Your local library should have at least a few knitting and/or crochet books. I've found some great gift ideas in library books before.
What about potholders and hot pads? There are plenty of cute ones floating around on the net.
Gloves and mittens are usually welcome gifts in the cold weather.
There are some really cute lip balm holders
Stuffies are always nice for little kids and some grownups.
My computer is acting up or I'd look up some links for you. Remember, Google is your friend. smile Try Craftster or Crochetville for a lot of amigurami (yes, I know I spelled that wrong), and other cute little things. Crochet Me and Knitty have some neat items too.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

firrantello

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:46 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.besides scarves? bags, hats, gloves, bracelets, necklaces... that's off the top of my head. i like doing bags because they're quick to do up (whether sewing or knitting) and have a variety of uses. tote bags go over well with people who use their own grocery store bags and college kids with lots of books to carry. smaller purses are good for women. simple small drawstring bags are good for guys (dice bags, pencil bag, you get the idea).  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:15 am
Slippers are good too 3nodding This is the pattern I swear by: http://knitting.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.frugalhaus.com/homepage/freepat2.htm
You don't even have to know how to purl! 4laugh  

gemini6184

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:16 pm
what ever do you mean...other than scarves, why that's just crazy. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:32 am
Lee Kushrenada

I concur. biggrin I'm working on a scarf to use as a replacement gift for one that won't arrive on time.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:17 pm
ForestGreen
Lee Kushrenada

I concur. biggrin I'm working on a scarf to use as a replacement gift for one that won't arrive on time.

viva la scarf! domokun

...ok getting back to other things...... sweatdrop
I allso got some bath salts from a lady who go's to my coffee shop like every day and she makes them herself... you could put together something for the bath room...like bath salts, and you could put them in a fun container. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:17 pm
How about a hat? Everyone likes a good old fashiond beinie. Other then that, I guess a bag, headband, or maybe socks
confused  

x_dreamweaver_x

.geezus boneezus.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:34 pm
For my female friends, I usually just knit a few differant colours and give it to them.
Or go to like, Hobby Lobby and and get watch faces and make inexpesive watches  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games