Welcome to Gaia! ::

The KoS Guild: The AMv capitol of the universe!

Back to Guilds

Reply The AMV Guild
Uniqueness

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FallenMarvel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:43 pm
Inyour own words, what do you think would make an AMV unique?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:00 pm
Other than a never heard before song or never seen Anime (as if you were inthe development team or recording studio and stole it) if it had a fresh view of a story, or created a new story using other scenes from anime. Telling a brand new story with spliced scenes from Samurai X or SDK or Ninja Scroll.  

SC Seung Mina

diverguy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:15 pm
something that makes it funny in an unintended way... like the guy who made a video of some really violent song to hello kitty video... i didn't see it but it was supposedly really funny and it won at metrocon in the "thats just wrong" category so they must have done something right.....  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:20 pm
An example of something that is not unique would be a DBZ video set to Linkin Park. wink  

Zahmira

Cyanna

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:27 pm
I am a firm believer that the concept is what matters. It's not the music. It's not the anime. It's the presentation.

I used to hold anime/song choices against people but for the past year and a half I realized it was a stupid way to judge. I made an Evangelion video using a theme that to date I don't believe had ever been attempted (Kaworu/Rei feature...semi-romantic...yes I am crazy but I think it works). If it has been done I would LOVE to see it what others have done with it.

At that point I realized I'd be a little irked if I got a lousy "Originality" score just because I used Evangelion. So I try to keep that in mind when I look at AMVs using popular anime.

But I personally could watch Eva and Naruto AMVs 'till I croak anyway. I have to be a little more open to DBZ though.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:18 am
an AMV you would say hey that one is way diffrent than that one. Something without linkin park  

-The One Armed Scissor-

FallenMarvel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:11 pm
Kakashi509
an AMV you would say hey that one is way diffrent than that one. Something without linkin park

My feelings exactly. I like Linkin Park just like the next person, but it's a shame how many videos there are using their music. It's made AMV making that much harder for me, but I still do it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:05 pm
my idea of uniqueness is taking an anime and making it seem like something different (which one person said happened in one of my AMV's) but i like seeing an AMV with a familiar anime that seems like something ive never seen  

Satan is my Bitch

-The One Armed Scissor-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:21 am
one with a less known band and diffrent effects than you usually see, and diffrent animes. example: song~ pehenomenon by thousand foot Krunch and the anime ninja scroll  
The AMV Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games